Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Labor Day Weekend in WDW in the Ask The Experts forums; I need your help! We arrive to WDW August 31, do you have any suggestion for which park we could visit for Labor Day Weekend and avoid large lines? We ...
    erirs is offline A-Ticket holder

Labor Day Weekend in WDW

I need your help! We arrive to WDW August 31, do you have any suggestion for which park we could visit for Labor Day Weekend and avoid large lines? We are going to stay at a Disney Hotel so we have the Extra Magical Hours, but how is the best way to make our schedule and enjoy everything? Are we are going to find a lot of people in the parks? Thanks!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Labor Day Weekend in WDW

It's a holiday weekend, the last official weekend of summer, and the east coast's schools aren't back yet. You tell me.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Actually Labor Day weekend is the least crowded holiday weekend of all. Crowd levels are traditionally low for that weekend as most schools have started and other states starting immediately after Labor Day.

I'd would however stay out of the MK on Saturday and go to one of the other 3 parks that day.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

disneyrunrchick is offline C-Ticket Holder

We go every year for Labor Day weekend and stay for the following week. The parks are amazingly unbusy! It's the best time of year to go for quick lines and great weather!

I think the advice to stay away from MK on the holiday weekend is a great tip. This park tends to be the busiest, but even it is not as crazy as during a normal summer day. HS & AK are probably your best bet although you should be good anywhere. :-)

How long are you staying? We'll be there through the following Saturday.
    http://disneyrunnerchick.blogspot.com

This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good
    .-

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing- Walt Disney

There is no one on the planet to compare with moi.- Miss Piggy

TEN Trips... And counting!

erirs is offline A-Ticket holder

Thanks for all your answers, we are going to stay until Friday 7! I can't wait to be there!

Kiliki is offline A-Ticket holder

I was wondering about the week after labour day... we arrive on Tuesday the 4th (only 13 more days )and are staying until the 13th. I know that this is the low-season, best time of year to go, etc., but it's still Disney World, so I'm assuming there's still some degree of crowds...
    So..... what can I expect in terms of lines, getting into ADRs on-time, how early to arrive for parades, etc... any advice would be appreciated!

The biggest piece of advice I'd give is get fast passes for Toy Story Mania early. Other than that, lines are virtually nonexistent. Last time we went at this time, my kiddos rode Everest six times in a row with waits under 10 minutes!
    I would say, however, Night of Joy is going on Sept. 7 & 8, which means MK will be busy those afternoons and close early, so unless you are there for those concerts and want to pay the extra fee, you might want to plan to be at other parks those days.
    ADRs might be a bit trickier because of free dining. While the parks are still slow, the people there seem into eating. But this doesn't mean plenty of reservations aren't still out there to be had, as long as you're flexible with times and locations. We just got an O'hana breakfast, and about every restaurant (minus the Castle) had availability for that time. I'd get busy looking into ADRs ASAP and then look at planning out parks from there. :-)

This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good
    .-

Nevermind about the ADRs.... Just reread your post. You should get into your ADRs on time or even early. We've never had a problem with that in September and have actually found everyone to be very accommodating.

.-

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
    I was wondering about the week after labour day... we arrive on Tuesday the 4th (only 13 more days )and are staying until the 13th. I know that this is the low-season, best time of year to go, etc., but it's still Disney World, so I'm assuming there's still some degree of crowds...
    So..... what can I expect in terms of lines, getting into ADRs on-time, how early to arrive for parades, etc... any advice would be appreciated!
    I've been in September many times. We walked onto most attractions without FPs. A few like TS and Soar'n that are slow loading rides we still pulled FPs but other than that a lovely time to visit.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Good to know! I'd heard that before, but I didn't know how true it was... so that's great! Thank you

Not a problem! We leave on August 31 - one week left:-) - and will be there through the following Saturday!!!!! I can't wait! I'm counting down the days, and if I didn't have so much to do (packing, hair appts., nails, football, cheerleading, etc.), I'd be going crazy! Can't wait to go.

We're also going back for the ToT race at the end of the month, so I'm spending half the month at Disney.

.-

That's amazing! I hope you have a fantastic time

Yay! So all of us Labor Day travelers, the times almost here!!! :-)

Now, what do you at Disney in case of a hurricane? :-/

.-