Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Disney Unofficial Running/Park Etiquette in the Ask The Experts forums; Hey y'all! I was wondering if anybody knew about some lower key or unofficial running events in Disney World during the summer. It's hard to visit in the Winter and ...
    Konaking is offline A-Ticket holder

Exclamation Disney Unofficial Running/Park Etiquette

Hey y'all! I was wondering if anybody knew about some lower key or unofficial running events in Disney World during the summer. It's hard to visit in the Winter and Fall months, and Spring is a stretch as well. Are there any events my family can plan a trip around in the summer? Perhaps an "Unofficial Disney Half Marathon"? I love to run, and I have never had the chance to take part in an event in Disney World, which seems like the perfect place.

I also have another question, which concerns running "solo" in the parks. What is proper "running etiquette" in the parks? Is it even allowed? Not necessarily to run on the most crowded days, but in the early morning or late afternoon. Just thought I'd ask, and I figures lots of others would want to know as well.

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children.

Free Disney vacations for all forum members?

disneyrunrchick is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Disney Unofficial Running/Park Etiquette

I haven't heard of any unofficial half marathons. Disney does an excellent job of coordinating it's races with the slower times at the parks. I'm guessing they don't do anything in summer because of the heat and humidity in Florida combined with the crazy crowds.

As far as running in the parks, it is prohibited except during official runDisney races. However, there are running maps available for courses around the resort that don't go into the parks. Check allears.net/btp/running.htm for more details or google Disney jogging trails. These take you by some of the same locations you run in the race, though of course there won't be any characters or goo stations.
    http://disneyrunnerchick.blogspot.com

This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good
    .-

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing- Walt Disney

There is no one on the planet to compare with moi.- Miss Piggy

TEN Trips... And counting!