Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss New Years Eve in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi all Hope you are all having a wonderful day. I have a question about New Years Eve in Disney World. Last year my wife Kim and I experienced Christmas ...
    mikeincalgary is offline A-Ticket holder

New Years Eve

Hi all
    Hope you are all having a wonderful day. I have a question about New Years Eve in Disney World. Last year my wife Kim and I experienced Christmas and New Years in Disneyland. This year will be in Disney World from Dec. 20 to Jan 6. We will each have Disney Premier Passport. While in Disneyland we found finding a location to watch the fireworks from was very difficult in fact it was so crowded that we were standing shoulder to shoulder with other people. Would it be possible to recommend a location that we could experience the New Years fireworks either sitting or standing but not quite so crowded.

Thanks

Mike
    First Time posting on a forum so please forgive if I did something wrong.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: New Years Eve

Quote Originally Posted by mikeincalgary View Post
    Hi all
    Hope you are all having a wonderful day. I have a question about New Years Eve in Disney World. Last year my wife Kim and I experienced Christmas and New Years in Disneyland. This year will be in Disney World from Dec. 20 to Jan 6. We will each have Disney Premier Passport. While in Disneyland we found finding a location to watch the fireworks from was very difficult in fact it was so crowded that we were standing shoulder to shoulder with other people. Would it be possible to recommend a location that we could experience the New Years fireworks either sitting or standing but not quite so crowded.

Thanks

Mike
    First Time posting on a forum so please forgive if I did something wrong.
    One year we sat out by the resort docks just outside the MK. It was perfect. We sat on a bench right up against the lake, listened to the music and had a perfect view of the castle fireworks and were able to hop our bus to the resort at the conclusion before any guests manages to exit the Kingdom. Perfect night.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    One year we sat out by the resort docks just outside the MK. It was perfect. We sat on a bench right up against the lake, listened to the music and had a perfect view of the castle fireworks and were able to hop our bus to the resort at the conclusion before any guests manages to exit the Kingdom. Perfectnight.
    Thanks for the info. It is exactly what I was looking for. It was 30 yearsago that Kim and I made it to Disney World so much has chaged would be able to recommend a resonably priced resturant near this viewing location I would to take Kim to dinner one night while we are there I think she would love to have dinner then fireworks. I know I am to late do do this on New Years eve but we will be there for 2 weeksm
    Thanks
    Mike

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

There are a number of restaurants at the resorts surrounding the Seven Seas Lagoon, but they might be difficult to get ADRs for that night, especially if the have any sort of view, even if you aren't planning for the view from the restaurant. If you plan to eat and then view elsewhere, you might be able to get an earlier reservation.

It also depends on what you mean by "reasonably priced". Check out the menus on AllEars.net, as they have prices.

Some locations I like are Narcoosees at the Grand Floridian, and Ohanas at the Poly. The Poly beach is also a nice place to watch the fireworks, but I think I've heard the last two years they were checking for resort IDs...

If you wanted to see the fireworks in the park (or wanted to go to the Magic Kingdom in general that day), the general consensus is to get to the park early and stay there. It often closes to guests late morning, and you might be able to get in later, at least if you are staying on-site, but if you are off-site you may be out of luck.

I happen to like the Rose Garden (go to the hub, turn and head to Tomorrowland - it's the path on the left shortly off the hub), but they've been reserving areas in various places lately - not sure if that's one of them.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I'm thinking try the Wave. I haven't had a difficult time getting ADR there and the prices are acceptable.
    The Wave Dinner - Contemporary Resort Walt Disney World

As Doc said the parks are nutty on NYE. Last year they didn't get to capacity but were very crowded. No telling what will happen this year but last year for those two weeks the MK only went to capacity procedures once and that was on a random day not a holiday or a weekend. Kinda weird for Disney Christmas break vacations.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Thanks again for all the help.
    I was hoping to go to dinner before New Years Eve and check out the location and talk with cast members before the big night. Last year in Disneyland we had to go early to make sure we made it into the park I think it was 30 minutes after the park opened. I hope you all have a great Christmas and New Years.

Mike

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder

I'm jealous and can't wait to hear about how it goes.
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.