Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss WDW trips at the last minute in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi all! This is my first ever post here. I have a query. I am an actor so I can only ever book holidays at the last last last minute, ...
    Anniethecat is offline A-Ticket holder

WDW trips at the last minute

Hi all!

This is my first ever post here. I have a query.

I am an actor so I can only ever book holidays at the last last last minute, because I never know when I'm going to be called in for an audition/job/ etc. This seems to make certain problems arise!

I can't prebook anything, which means I can't prebook dining and whatnot. Furthermore, now that this magic band/ fastpass plus thing has been announced, I'm worried that I wont be able to get fast passes either - hence, making a last minute trip a really bad idea.

Any suggestions on how to get around this? I havent been to Disney for a couple years now due to work, but I want to go soon!

Thank you so much everybody, and I'm excited to be part of the community!!

Best wishes,

Annie from London.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Re: WDW trips at the last minute

I have had the same concerns! What about those spontaneous trips? My brother lives in the area but he doesn't know until almost the last minute and he has issues with getting sit down meals. Much less getting to ride the exciting rides without waiting in line for hours. I don't have the answer but you sure aren't the only one who has wondered this!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

My DS got into Cali on Christmas night with 2 days notice. You need to be flexible and the resorts or DTD are your better chances. You might not leave with ADR's but if you visit guest relations or the lobby on the day of or before you sometimes get into great TS that guests cancel 24 hours in advance.

The jury is still out on the magical band. Guests are more likely to cancel an ADR that they have a deposit on then they are to cancel an appointment to visit Space Mountain. I wonder if Disney will see their last minute vacations dip because of the magical band if it is launched like predicted.

And welcome!
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

LTTCMJAKE is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Anniethecat View Post
    Hi all!

This is my first ever post here. I have a query.

I am an actor so I can only ever book holidays at the last last last minute, because I never know when I'm going to be called in for an audition/job/ etc. This seems to make certain problems arise!

I can't prebook anything, which means I can't prebook dining and whatnot. Furthermore, now that this magic band/ fastpass plus thing has been announced, I'm worried that I wont be able to get fast passes either - hence, making a last minute trip a really bad idea.

Any suggestions on how to get around this? I havent been to Disney for a couple years now due to work, but I want to go soon!

Thank you so much everybody, and I'm excited to be part of the community!!

Best wishes,

Annie from London.
    Well from my experience non-signature restaurants have high no show rates so you can get in with a walk in with a 30-60 min wait on normal days... For example tony's or liberty tree
    JAKE