Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Stroller (buggy) for a five year old. Advice please. in the Ask The Experts forums; Taking Matthew for his first visit to WDW in August, when he will be five. He doesn't generally use his buggy anymore, only for things like the zoo when we ...
    tasha36 is offline Dreaming....

Stroller (buggy) for a five year old. Advice please.

Taking Matthew for his first visit to WDW in August, when he will be five. He doesn't generally use his buggy anymore, only for things like the zoo when we will be out and about all day. He doesn't have a great deal of stamina though and I know that he will struggle in WDW. Therefore, I have suggested to hubby that we have a buggy for him whilst we are there. Hubby is against taking our own as we are renting a convertible and he feels that there will not be space in it to get all our luggage and a buggy to and from the airport. Fair enough. So we need to get one out there. As I can see, there are three options: 1)Rent daily from WDW 2)Rent for fortnight from a hire company 3)Buy a cheap one from Walmart.
    The main problem with option 3) is what to do with it afterwards. We are going back in 2014, so could potentially use it again but either storing it or shipping it home are going to be stupidly expensive!
    Any advice welcomed.
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Stroller (buggy) for a five year old. Advice please.

I would buy a cheap umbrella stroller and leave it behind, if necessary. Where are you staying? Some of the resorts are huge, think of how tired we get let alone those little pumpkin legs. The umbrella is great in the airport too.
    It won't take squat room next to his car seat in the car. We use to do this when both of my kids were in that 4-5 year age. Sometimes we would leave it parked in center of Future World, walk about and then put them in it going to World Showcase. DHS is easier to navigate without the stroller, AK, we kept it with us the whole time. It is huge and ground isn't level for little ones feet. We also left it near the hub in the MK until it was needed later in the day. If you ever use Disney Transportation it folds nicely and easy to straddle when sitting down.

Look for one that has a little net basket under the seat when open if you can find, my second one did.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

tiggerjay is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Stroller (buggy) for a five year old. Advice please.

I would agree that purchasing an inexpensive one is the way to go. It is a lot easier then having to deal with travelling with. When you are leaving just lookup a Goodwill station where they will gladly take the stroller as a donation. Google Goodwill Orlando Florida for locations and drop off times.