Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Disney FairyTale Wedding Advice in the Ask The Experts forums; Hello All, I am beginning the process of planning my wedding and I am very keen to get the Groom on-board for a WDW Property wedding I have contacted Disney ...
    FLi
    FLi is offline A-Ticket holder

Disney FairyTale Wedding Advice

Hello All,

I am beginning the process of planning my wedding and I am very keen to get the Groom on-board for a WDW Property wedding

I have contacted Disney Weddings via email, and sadly got a very generic email back informing me that I am not able to get any information, other than what is on the site, until 16 months out?!

I appreciate that every company has their rules etc, however, I would not have expected this brick wall from Disney??

I explained that we are UK based and so all our family and friends will be travelling with us. Therefore, any information or prices to allow us to make a more informed decision would be much appreciated.. however, as I said, I got a rather dismissive email.

Has anyone got any experience of this? Should I just back off until the magic 16 month date? Or if I persist I might get further information?

Thanks in advance guys!

Frey

tiggerjay is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Disney FairyTale Wedding Advice

Congratulations! It sounds like a magical idea!!! Definitely when planning on having family come internationally you need to plan it out a bit future in advance. What does your groom think so far? Or will this be a surprise for him? There is a lot of things available for you, and it can be fairly customized for your needs. What did you have in mind, or what information were you hoping to get from Disney?

FLi
    FLi is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Disney FairyTale Wedding Advice

Thank you, yes I'm pretty excited by the idea!
    I have shown him round the information available on the site and he is interested in knowing more...
    We can see that with an Escape wedding the maximum number is 20 people, however, we are thinking there might be up to 25... However, we do not really want the reception that is available with the Wishes collection.

Therefore, I guess we need to know how flexible the Wishes collection is, for example, we do not really want an evening reception..Also, it would have been great to have been shown some figures (I know they cannot be exact as it is a while off), but we need to know if this is within our budget, and if not we need to look else where!

So basically, I was hoping for disney to supply as much information as possible to give us a better idea of budget etc; instead we got a brick wall (which is really not what I have experienced in the past).