Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Which is faster? in the Ask The Experts forums; Which is faster? Ticket window or will-call window? I have seen long lines at both windows. I would order the tickets but paranoid they wouldn't arrive in time. The last ...
    prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

Which is faster?

Which is faster? Ticket window or will-call window? I have seen long lines at both windows. I would order the tickets but paranoid they wouldn't arrive in time. The last time I visited Universal, I used the will-call window and it took alot longer than the ticket purchase window. Thanks for the help.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Which is faster?

My guess would be ticket since most folks tend to get their tickets in advance these days.

It's been a long, long time since I've seen genuine lines at the ticket windows.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by prickle View Post
    Which is faster? Ticket window or will-call window? I have seen long lines at both windows. I would order the tickets but paranoid they wouldn't arrive in time. The last time I visited Universal, I used the will-call window and it took alot longer than the ticket purchase window. Thanks for the help.
    It really depends on the time of the year and time of day. There are more windows open early in the day at the ticket booths and less as the day goes and into the evening. Some days the windows are empty some days are just nuts even with 50+ windows at the TTC. Busy times are a bite to buy tickets at Parks, even when all the Vacation Planner ticket booths are open at the Parks. Also remember you can purchase park tickets at your Disney Resort too.

The thing to remember when you are picking up tickets there are Will Call there are so many options.

Guests with Will Call can pick up their tickets the day after they are purchased for WDW. You have the option of Will Call at all four parks, MK being the most erratic as it is the Park most Guests visit first, same goes for purchasing tickets, however Disney Staffs dramatically more Vacation Planners at the TTC then any other Park.
    You can pick up your Will call at any Park including the Water Parks and DTD, Guest Relations. If you are staying at a Disney resort you may also pick up your Will Calls in the Lobby at the Concierge Desk so there are so many options!

Here is a busy day purchasing tickets at the park:

This is March 12th The beginning of SPRING BREAK 2012

This is the lines to purchase tickets on March 12th 2012 just before noon. Will Call would likely been better at a Disney Resort that particular day. Fun Huh?
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 03-29-2013 at 01:53 AM.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

That's the entrance to the MK. Tickets aren't purchased there. Those are people waiting to enter the park.

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

Thanks for the replies. We will be doing one park only this time. My son's highschool marching band gets to march at Epcot. So excited for him.

Do you have time to order them and have them mailed to you?

disneydi is offline A-Ticket holder

I was there in December I got my tickets at the TTC at one of the Kiosks, no lines at all. There were a few people in the actual lines to speak to a person but the machines were free.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

I hadn't noticed this thread before, but here's a tip...Will Call tickets can be picked up at ANY ticket window, not just the one marked Will Call. Any Guest Relations location can handle it too, but those lines can be slower.

There are some things that sometimes can only be done at the Will Call window, but oddly enough, picking up Will Call tickets is not one of them.

As such, I'd generally find the Will Call ticket window to be the longest, since it can have people both picking up Will Call who don't know, as well as people purchasing tickets. However, if there is only one ticket window open, it will be the Will Call window.

I'd avoid trying to pick up Will Call at the MK proper though at all costs, because they just don't have many ticket windows. Really, they don't have any - there is just the Guest Relations windows to the right of the turnstiles (and I think only three of those, and they are handling all sorts of things), and a small round building near there that when it is really busy they will open up and use as the Will Call window.

I've never tried getting Will Call at a resort, although the concierge can generally handle most MYW ticket operations. If your Will Call is for APs, however, you'll have to go to the parks/DTD.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news