Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Using The Buses in the Ask The Experts forums; A couple of trips ago I stayed at CS and they had the oddest bus stops. Unlike POR/FC where multiple buses could pull up to a stop, CS stops could ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Using The Buses

A couple of trips ago I stayed at CS and they had the oddest bus stops. Unlike POR/FC where multiple buses could pull up to a stop, CS stops could only accommodate a bus at a time. Given the length of time to load all these scooters, it really throws the bus schedules off when only one bus can load at a time. Often there was a bus or two waiting to pull up.

Think it would be easier to fix the bus loops at some of the resorts over buying bigger buses.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

A different view

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    A couple of trips ago I stayed at CS and they had the oddest bus stops. Unlike POR/FC where multiple buses could pull up to a stop, CS stops could only accommodate a bus at a time. Given the length of time to load all these scooters, it really throws the bus schedules off when only one bus can load at a time. Often there was a bus or two waiting to pull up.

Think it would be easier to fix the bus loops at some of the resorts over buying bigger buses.
    I don't think they intend to use the artics at every resort. POP and AoA I know are targets due to the number of guests concentrated there.

Having just been at CBR, they have the same problem with the single space. And they aren't very big so an artic would probably be way too big. But we also didn't run into any capacity issues on the buses themselves, so an artic would probably be overkill.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    I don't think they intend to use the artics at every resort. POP and AoA I know are targets due to the number of guests concentrated there.

Having just been at CBR, they have the same problem with the single space. And they aren't very big so an artic would probably be way too big. But we also didn't run into any capacity issues on the buses themselves, so an artic would probably be overkill.
    No it was never their intent to have the bendy buses everywhere. Actually the only place they have changed a park turnabout is the MK so far. There are several hotels under consideration for bendy buses. Animal Kingdom and DVC is one, their bus service is horrible to MK and the AK lot is a straight shot so not a major issue. The All Star resorts are on the wish list too for the future.

The other resorts like CBR and CS could fix their transportation issues by installing bus loops at the resort similar to POR so they can load more than one bus at a time. If they did that the buses wouldn't fall behind schedule and the need for bendy buses would indeed be overkill.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12