Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss New Fast Pass in the Ask The Experts forums; An outstanding non-rebuttal! Once again, let's take a rational approach and wait to see how this all shakes out before making a bunch of unfounded assumptions. Until then, that's all ...
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: New Fast Pass

An outstanding non-rebuttal!

Once again, let's take a rational approach and wait to see how this all shakes out before making a bunch of unfounded assumptions. Until then, that's all they are no matter how much you hate my posts.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post
    Your posts are pointless and most of them are for the purpose of inciting, to be argumentative or condescending. To be HONEST I really don't care what you have to say because as I have seen from your previous post with others on this site you endlessly argue, belittle and attempt to bait people into endless debates. Toilet paper is a great commodity and useful where your posts are concerned.

You say my posts stink of unfounded charges and stink of incompetence, well your post stink and your presence on this site in my opinion stinks and is counterproductive. At this point I could careless, but I want you to know what I think about what your doing, and if that means I get banned, well its worth it all. Because I didn't come on here to find another Facebook type site with idiots that have nothing better to do than demean and pick and create issues.

I suggest you ignore my posts and I will ignore yours because I don't like you and I don't want to have any dialogue with you. I can't make it more plainer than that. You got that. Now you can pointless respond and demean this response until it freezes over, I'm done with any kind of interaction with you.

Now you can put that in your toilet and flush it.

You made my evening.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    He showed them off in California? I don't think they DL fans are going to like Fastpass+ at all...

The article doesn't give much in the way of direct quotes. The "opt in" tracking - I believe if you get the MagicBand, you are opting in. To opt-out, you have to get the RFID card instead (which lacks the active RFID component).
    I believe you are correct, when the Pres had his hissy fit with congress, I think that was the Pres' argument, you don't have to do it, you opt in. I believe that is the moment when twitter imploded sighting 'cause opting out wasn't a viable option to have anywhere near an equivalent experience at WDW if you opt out.

I tend to agree, DL fans don't drink the KoolAid as readily.
    i-neighborhood likes this.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    You made my evening.
    A match made in the Complaint Department.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    The Disney company is going to fall under the same security and privacy laws and regulations that exist for every other company out there. It would be the height of insanity for them not to take every precaution necessary, and then some, to protect your information. It seems more rational to wait and see how this all shakes out rather than jumping the gun to make baseless assumptions.
    It seems as if Disney goes out of their way with issues like this one. Can't blame them for being the mega promotional company that they are. I doubt Six Flags has even the slightest comparable database in existence on their visitors. So unless Disney is gearing up for the amusement park armageddon, why stockpile data?

It seems that I am receiving three to four emails a week (twice a day, in some cases) prompting me to order my Disney Parks Vacation Planning DVD. Disney contracts this out to another company, though their name is all over it. I've opted out several times, and wrote to both the company in Texas as well as the Disney company trying to get myself removed from their list, but to no avail. Next stop is the BBB, for whatever that's worth.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Odd, I never get any e-mails from them.

A match made in the Complaint Department.
    So says the Kim Jong want'a be.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    It seems as if Disney goes out of their way with issues like this one. Can't blame them for being the mega promotional company that they are. I doubt Six Flags has even the slightest comparable database in existence on their visitors. So unless Disney is gearing up for the amusement park armageddon, why stockpile data?

It seems that I am receiving three to four emails a week (twice a day, in some cases) prompting me to order my Disney Parks Vacation Planning DVD. Disney contracts this out to another company, though their name is all over it. I've opted out several times, and wrote to both the company in Texas as well as the Disney company trying to get myself removed from their list, but to no avail. Next stop is the BBB, for whatever that's worth.
    Minimum I receive one a day from Disney. It is part of their disclaimer, they share info with their subsidiaries and business associates. I also receive mailings a few times a month. Every once in a blue moon I will receive a useful code.

But this isn't new, Disney and their associates have been able to pull up from my telephone land line number our address, last trip, hotel preferences, dates of birth of my children. They are just able to compile far more. As my youngest child is now an adult they my data to send her direct mailings about vacations. I can tell by the version of her name that Disney has, we started that when she was an infant but discontinued by the time she was two, yet remains in the Disney system. Interestingly they have stopped for my DS, he use to receive the same type of solicitations, so data has obviously been corrected in their data base.

Of course you don't. How convenient for the discussion.
    i-neighborhood likes this.

Not convenient, just factual. We've ordered our tickets and booked our hotels online with Disney the last three trips we've made. They've got every bit of information from me that they've gotten from everyone else. Why am I not receiving any e-mail or advertising from them? I received confirmation e-mails from them, so they in fact have my e-mail address.

Then again, I'm always very careful about checking the box at the bottom of the page indicating that I do not want to receive any promotional material/advertising/whathaveyou whenever I purchase anything from any company. Well, almost. I do get adverts from Best Buy, by choice.

BTW, just for clarification, Kim Jong un is a crybaby who is angry at the world because he thinks they don't give him everything he thinks he deserves.

Hmmm...who does that remind me of...

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

It may be because I've ordered the DVD's before, so now they've got me in their sites. However, one a week would even be too many. I'm getting them every two to three days.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Oh, I've never ordered the DVD. Though, don't you do that from the Disney site?

i-neighborhood Guest

Cool Re: New Fast Pass

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    So says the Kim Jong want'a be.

Originally Posted by supernova View Post

Minimum I receive one a day from Disney. It is part of their disclaimer, they share info with their subsidiaries and business associates. I also receive mailings a few times a month. Every once in a blue moon I will receive a useful code.

But this isn't new, Disney and their associates have been able to pull up from my telephone land line number our address, last trip, hotel preferences, dates of birth of my children. They are just able to compile far more. As my youngest child is now an adult they my data to send her direct mailings about vacations. I can tell by the version of her name that Disney has, we started that when she was an infant but discontinued by the time she was two, yet remains in the Disney system. Interestingly they have stopped for my DS, he use to receive the same type of solicitations, so data has obviously been corrected in their data base.

Of course you don't. How convenient for the discussion.
    Last edited by i-neighborhood; 05-30-2013 at 04:31 PM.

i-neighborhood Guest

I looked at my email history and I receive a good number of solicitations (intentionally ambiguous by saying good number ) from Disney email addresses. Some of the emails are subscriptions or opt in because I am an Annual Passholder. But there is a good number of other emails that I don't recall opting in but (disclaimer) a terms of service for sweepstakes or survey might have contributed to same said number of emails which are not subscriptions that I recall opting in.

But once your in you can't get out unless you go into the witness protection program.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post

i-neighborhood Guest

Rumors - (disclaimer: that i don't necessarily subscribe as fact but this is on the internet in many different news stories, reputable and alternate, including Wikipedia and I'm a French model) that the new NSA facility is set to begin collecting data from all sources, emails, phone calls, text messages, parking receipts, dinner reservations, and of course the NSA will be collecting information on you at DL and WDW and other parks REGARDLESS IF YOU HAVE MAGICBAND OR NOT This was the purpose in going RFID for Disney to assist in making it more easy to collect information on you and monitor you via GPS and RFID ROTFLM*O
    Here is the Wikipedia article:
    Utah Data Center - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh Yeah I'm drinking KoolAid
    Last edited by i-neighborhood; 05-30-2013 at 04:57 PM.

Please enumerate all of the scary things that happen because of this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast