Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Medical question in the Ask The Experts forums; We have someone in our group with Type 2 Diabetes and they need to monitor they glucose levels regularly. Will it be a problem taking in the monitoring kit into ...
    cozz is offline A-Ticket holder

Medical question

We have someone in our group with Type 2 Diabetes and they need to monitor they glucose levels regularly. Will it be a problem taking in the monitoring kit into the parks since it has lancets included in them and where can he test it so he can properly dispose of them along with the test strips.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Medical question

While someone here may have some information, hopefully firsthand and not Googled, I would highly encourage you to directly contact Disney for the best and most detailed information.

(407) 939-5277

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder

I took a group of kids recently and one of my students was able to take hers. In fact the thought didn't even cross our minds that she wasn't able to.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Are there biohazard disposals in the rest rooms?

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Are there biohazard disposals in the rest rooms?
    I'm not sure of that as she's in HS and does all that on her own. The first aid stations said she could go there. They would also store meds for her if needed. She decided to keep on herself.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by cozz View Post
    We have someone in our group with Type 2 Diabetes and they need to monitor they glucose levels regularly. Will it be a problem taking in the monitoring kit into the parks since it has lancets included in them and where can he test it so he can properly dispose of them along with the test strips.
    In room housekeeping will deliver a sharps container. In parks First aid will take the sharps and they will keep your meds refrigerated. We were always given a fridge at the resort for my DD meds. Give them a heads up and put it into their hotel reservation.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Um, and make sure that hotel actually has functional in-room fridges...

Based upon the report HG posted earlier today, some may be without for a few months...

caffeinatedwool is offline A-Ticket holder

I have a family member who has gone into the parks numerous times with lancets and had no problem. She mentions it as she gets up to the bag check, they take a look, and that's it. I have had the same experience carrying an Epi-Pen, though that's probably less obvious than glucose testing supplies and might be completely overlooked if I didn't bring it up. I've never noticed sharps containers in the restrooms, but I've also never actually looked for them. Previously mentioned family member disposes of them at the first aid area.