Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Living Seas Comparison? in the Ask The Experts forums; So, as some of you know, I'm only 17, and living in New York, like 2 hours from the city. One of my best friends just recently got an internship ...
    egran125 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Living Seas Comparison?

So, as some of you know, I'm only 17, and living in New York, like 2 hours from the city. One of my best friends just recently got an internship in the Marine Biology section of the Museum of Natural History, and has just learned an insane amount of information about marine biology and such. One day I told her about the Living Seas in Epcot (she's never been to Disney, but we have a trip planned for next July) and I tried to explain to her how its like the largest man-made ocean thing in the world. Is that true? If not... does anyone have a like reference point for it... meaning like... you can fit __ Spaceship Earths inside it? Know what I mean? I really want her to understand how amazing it is.
    ./.// / Eric /. / /

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I'm thinking that I read somewhere that you COULD fit Spaceship Earth in the Living Seas. It was something like the DisneyWorld Trivia Book by a fellow named Lew Mongoose or something like that. It's a really good book. You should read it sometime.
    They call me "Nana"

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Also according to the Disney website, the living seas is one of the largest man made ocean environment-plus there are some photos there so maybe have your friend take a look at that for more info

www.disneyworld.com
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Quote Originally Posted by egran125
    I really want her to understand how amazing it is. [/b]
    unfortunately, none of will know until early December.

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Yep SSE will fir inside the LS with plenty of room to spare.

egran125 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Wow. That is the most amazing thing I have ever heard. BUT. How big is Spaceship Earth? Other than GIGANTIC. In terms of measurement?
    ./.// / Eric /. / /

mickeymaster is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Humongoid, haha jk no idea
    Man has a Dream, and thats a start...

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    How big is Spaceship Earth? Other than GIGANTIC. In terms of measurement?

you can fit three Earths, side by side, in it.

ask RVastro he'll tell ya.

Kimpossible is offline C-Ticket Holder
    So, as some of you know, I'm only 17, and living in New York, like 2 hours from the city. One of my best friends just recently got an internship in the Marine Biology section of the Museum of Natural History, and has just learned an insane amount of information about marine biology and such. One day I told her about the Living Seas in Epcot (she's never been to Disney, but we have a trip planned for next July) and I tried to explain to her how its like the largest man-made ocean thing in the world. Is that true? If not... does anyone have a like reference point for it... meaning like... you can fit __ Spaceship Earths inside it? Know what I mean? I really want her to understand how amazing it is.
    It's big, but there are bigger in the United States. I believe the Monteray Aquarium is a bit larger, and I know there is one in Japan that is gigantic! I believe they even have a whale shark in there! I also believe Mandalay Bay in Vegas has a huge aquarium set up.