Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Buying Tickets in Package for longer duration than stay...advance receipt? in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi all, apologies if this was covered elsewhere but I have a tickets logistics question. If I order park tickets via the disney website (or sites such as united vacations/expedia) ...
    davidmhendrix is offline A-Ticket holder

Buying Tickets in Package for longer duration than stay...advance receipt?

Hi all, apologies if this was covered elsewhere but I have a tickets logistics question.

If I order park tickets via the disney website (or sites such as united vacations/expedia) as part of a wdw resort package, do we receive the tickets in advance via mail/email or upon arrival to the resort?

Maybe TMI but below is my reason for asking...

The room rates/availability prohibit us from booking a stay at a disney resort over new years but I am looking at 3 nights/4 days jan 2 to jan 5 with a dining plan. Our flights (via air miles redemption separately) have us in the orlando area a few days before new years and we'll either be doing a last minute booking of a non-disney resort or driving to clearwater and staying with a relative for those days but especially due to the crowds during this season, we'd like to buy tickets with the package that are for 6 or 7 days and attend the parks PRIOR to our checken date (aware of the 14 day usage window, no dining plan, having to pay for parking).

The websites seem to have no issue allowing you to purchase tickets as part of the package that are longer than your hotel stay and I certainly understand how that would work if you were using your tickets after your hotel stay (keeping in mind the 14 day usage window and/or noexpire option) but if we wanted to start using our tickets a few days prior to our hotel reservation, this would only work if we already had the tickets and I can't seem to confirm the logistics of how this works on multiple sites.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: Buying Tickets in Package for longer duration than stay...advance receipt?

No, they will not send package tickets to you.

However, you CAN pick them up up to three days early. Note that if you ask the reservations people on the phone, they will swear up and down you can't do this. But they don't actually handle these things.

You need to go to the Guest Relations location at one of the four major parks or Downtown Disney.

Ask for "Early ticket pickup". They will issue you a regular ticket. When you check in to the actual resort, you will get a Key To The World card but it will NOT have your ticket entitlement on it - you need to continue to use the separate ticket to enter the park. They _might_ be able to merge it back on to your KTTW card, but I understand this might not be possible.

If the CM at Guest Relations doesn't seem to know whether they can do it, ask them to check the Hub, under WDW > Work > Ticketing > Processes & Business Rules > Early Ticket Pickup For Resort Packages.

(Information from Cheshire Figment on the DISboards, who works in Ticketing...)

Caveat: Who knows what complications will arise as MagicBands become the norm...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news