Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Don't do it!!!! in the Ask The Experts forums; It is being said that Disney at this time can only have one ticket linked to your account/Magic Band. Apparently it is now being experienced by some guests that it ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Angry Don't do it!!!!

It is being said that Disney at this time can only have one ticket linked to your account/Magic Band. Apparently it is now being experienced by some guests that it messes up everything when you have your ticket and then add in a Hard Ticket. Oy.

This was distributed:

Guests who are eligible for MyMagic+ also may be attending hard-ticketed special events, such as Night of Joy or Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Following are details about special events and MyMagic+ that will be helpful in answering Guest questions:

MyMagic+ is still in testing and presently there are no advantages to linking a special event ticket to a My Disney Experience account other than the ability to use a MagicBand to touch to enter the theme park.

Because Guests attending these special events should be prepared to present a hard ticket for the event at the main entrance to expedite the entry process, they are discouraged from linking their special event tickets in My Disney Experience at this time.

Guests attending these special events are required to wear an event wristband they receive when entering the park or upon presenting their event ticket at a band distribution area within the park.

Just as Disney’s FASTPASS Service has not been available during special events, Disney FASTPASS+ service also is unavailable during these events.

Guests who are staying in a Walt Disney World Resort hotel and have established charging privileges will be able to use their Magic Bands to charge expenses to their resort room during the event.

I chuckled when I read 'discouraged.' It should be stated: DON'T DO IT OR YOU WILL BE SORRY.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: Don't do it!!!!

As far as I know, nothing bad happens, just like nothing bad happens if you register your tickets but aren't getting a MagicBand (contrary to early reports). I think they want to discourage it to prevent guests from thinking they don't need to bring the tickets because they'd be associated with the bands.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    As far as I know, nothing bad happens, just like nothing bad happens if you register your tickets but aren't getting a MagicBand (contrary to early reports). I think they want to discourage it to prevent guests from thinking they don't need to bring the tickets because they'd be associated with the bands.
    It depends on what you consider bad.....While some didn't have issues the NoJ guests sure kept Guest Services hopping. It is just another notch in the bedpost of glitches. If guests are comfy spending time at Guest Services if they so happen to be part of the chunk with issues, guests eventually get it sorted out, rarely quickly. You just don't get that vacation time back. There is risk in doing so because the system is still in test mode and there are glitches, there is zero benefit from linking them....so why would anyone until they get the glitches out?

I agree with Disney's decision to discourage but some guests will go ahead and do it anyhow.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    It depends on what you consider bad.....While some didn't have issues the NoJ guests sure kept Guest Services hopping. It is just another notch in the bedpost of glitches. If guests are comfy spending time at Guest Services if they so happen to be part of the chunk with issues, guests eventually get it sorted out, rarely quickly. You just don't get that vacation time back. There is risk in doing so because the system is still in test mode and there are glitches, there is zero benefit from linking them....so why would anyone until they get the glitches out?

I agree with Disney's decision to discourage but some guests will go ahead and do it anyhow.
    But what was the problem? If you have the hard ticket, you use it to get in, you get a wristband, and done...unless they are voiding party tickets that have been linked, which I've not heard happening...

But they also have paper tickets, will call tickets, etc. which could have had any number of problems as well...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    But what was the problem? If you have the hard ticket, you use it to get in, you get a wristband, and done...unless they are voiding party tickets that have been linked, which I've not heard happening...

But they also have paper tickets, will call tickets, etc. which could have had any number of problems as well...
    No worse. It was wiping the multi day passes, the Joy was over riding the multi-day passes, not so joyful. While it didn't mess with the majority there were issues and guests were frustrated. Unfortunately, these glitches are popping up and front line CMs are flying by the seats of their pants trying to fix it and really not having a clue as to what they are doing. It makes sense since it isn't a consistant thing. Disney asking guests not to link them for now especially since there is no reason to link them isn't really an issue. Don't anger the band.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 09-10-2013 at 01:11 AM. Reason: English not so goodish