Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss dress codes in the Ask The Experts forums; I hope this is how to ask questions- New to computers and haven't been to wdw since 6! Are there any restaurants with dress codes in any of the parks?...
    tlbinki is offline A-Ticket holder

dress codes

I hope this is how to ask questions-
    New to computers and haven't been to wdw since 6!
    Are there any restaurants with dress codes in any of the parks?

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    WELCOME TLBINKI!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Victoria and Albert's in the Grand FLoridian is the only one

P.S. You did fine asking.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Vixie beat me to welcoming you! Blah!

Welcome to DWT. Not sure about restaurants (we don't go to them much) but I wanted to welcome you anyway!
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    There are a few more that are Business Casual, but mostly in the resort hotels, not in the parks. The ones that come to mind are Flying Fish, Narcoossee's and Jiko.
    They call me "Nana"

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Men require jackets there. And no jeans or shorts

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    I read today in the allearsnet newsletter that quite a few of the restaurants switched to a business casual dress code

"Last week, we noted that California Grill had changed its dress code to "business casual." This policy is also now in effect for many upscale WDW restaurants. No hats, swimsuits, swimsuit coveralls, tank tops, T-shirts, torn clothing or flip-flops are permitted at the following: Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge), California Grill (Contemporary), Citricos and Narcoossee's (Grand Floridian), Jiko (Animal Kingdom Lodge), Flying Fish (Boardwalk), and Yachtsman Steakhouse (Yacht Club). Business casual attire includes dress shorts, pants, jean pants, collared shirts, blouses and sweaters."
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    to DWT! We're a friendly bunch here, so ask anything you'd like! Someone will be able to help!

In the parks themselves, none of the restaurants have dress codes (beyond shoes & shirt required). Victoria and Alberts, which is at the Grand Floridian Resort, requires jackets & ties. Artists Pointe (Wilderness Lodge), California Grill (Contemporary resort), and Yachtsman Steakhouse (Yacht Club) are three that come to mind as places where 'nicer' dress is appropriate, but I don't know if they have official dress code requirements.

<Edit> See! I told you someone would be able to help! Looks like several of us tried to post at the same time! The 'business casual' IS official policy. <end edit>
    Last edited by disneydame2004; 07-27-2005 at 03:49 PM. Reason: clarification
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    funny timing, just read the latest AllEars newsletter and there was a blurp about several places switching to a "business casual" dress code, like Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge and others. i'll have to dig it out and post it.

i agree with it, when i ate at Artist Point, without a dress code, i was in shorts and a t-shirt, and felt a little inappropriate.

(me, inappropriate, go figure!)

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    FOUND IT!!!!

Last week, we noted that California Grill had changed its dress code to "business casual." This policy is also now in effect for many upscale WDW restaurants. No hats, swimsuits, swimsuit coveralls, tank tops, T-shirts, torn clothing or flip-flops are permitted at the following: Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge), California Grill (Contemporary), Citricos and Narcoossee's (Grand Floridian), Jiko (Animal Kingdom Lodge), Flying Fish (Boardwalk), and Yachtsman Steakhouse (Yacht Club). Business casual attire includes dress shorts, pants, jean pants, collared shirts, blouses and sweaters.

Imagine the Grumpster being inappropriate. That isn't as hard to imagine as imagining the Grumpster FEELING like he was being inappropriate.

(Luv ya just the way you are Grumpster.)
    They call me "Nana"

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    Imagine the Grumpster being inappropriate. That isn't as hard to imagine as imagining the Grumpster FEELING like he was being inappropriate.

(Luv ya just the way you are Grumpster.)

**** doesn't have to freeze over, it can dip a few degrees here and there!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I don't know anything about dress codes as I don't eat at them "fancy joints". But I can tell you to not wear a Joe's Crab Shack t-shirt that says "Bite Me" on it. They might not let you into the park!

i don't suppose they'd let me in with this shirt....

of my "offensive" shirts, that's the least offensive one. and, don't go to the website, my kind of place, which means not fit for anyone else here. you've been warned.

well, i still have my Harley Davidson and Disney t-shirts.

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    Artist Pointe at the Wilderness Lodge requires Resort Casual attire (ie, no jeans, shorts, or tshirts)
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

you are so Baaaaaa-d.
    They call me "Nana"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast