Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss DAK emblem in the Ask The Experts forums; HiddenMickeys.org says 'Now the emblem has 3 animals instead of five. The emblem was change in march of 99 because the other two animals on the emblem did not have ...
    Mithent is offline A-Ticket holder

DAK emblem

HiddenMickeys.org says 'Now the emblem has 3 animals instead of five. The emblem was change in march of 99 because the other two animals on the emblem did not have any areas to represent'. The five-animal emblem is used in a number of locations in the park, mostly in the 'reception' area, but Disney seem to use a logo which simply reads 'Disney's Animal Kingdom' with no graphics. (In fact, the only true graphic in any park logo appears to be in Epcot's.)

Have the animal emblems been dropped entirely, and has anyone seen a three-animal variant? The dragon certainly doesn't appear in today's park (sadly), but lions, elephants, triceraptops and gazelle all fit.

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Here is the Ak logo as it relates to postcards...from a page on my sitehttp://www.bigbrian-nc.com/logos.htm Animal Kingdom logosThe first series of Animal Kingdom cards have the " Animal Kingdom" in a box logo shown as 1A below. For the 2A logo which appeared on almost all of the second series of Animal Kingdom cards I have shown the back of a whole card, since part of the definition of the 2A logo is the two separate portions both the "unboxed" Disney's Animal Kingdom logo on the far right hand end of the card and the " Animal Silhouettes " logo on the far left. When that Animal silhouettes logo appears by itself that is a 3A logo. And when that Animal Kingdom " unboxed " logo appears by itself it's a 4A logo. 5A shows the words "Animal Kingdom " in a simple font rather than as a graphic.
    1A

2A

3A

4A

5A

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

Mithent is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks - it certainly seems like this three-silhouette logo is either extremely rare or doesn't exist at all. The park map and Disney Online both use 4A, while 3A (or just the top half, without the words) can be seen around the park. It does seem like they're phasing out 3A, possibly since the dragon silhouette in the centre of the logo is a little out of place unless they build the Beastly area.

On a related note, is the park officially called 'Disney's Animal Kingdom' because they couldn't trademark 'Animal Kingdom', perhaps? The company never refer to it without the 'Disney's' prefix (I don't think CMs are supposed to either, although they did in Tarzan Rocks). In fact, they sometimes refer to it as 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park', while there is a 'Magic Kingdom Park' and simply 'Epcot'.
    Last edited by Mithent; 07-28-2005 at 02:22 PM.

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithent

On a related note, is the park officially called 'Disney's Animal Kingdom' because they couldn't trademark 'Animal Kingdom', perhaps? The company never refer to it without the 'Disney's' prefix (I don't think CMs are supposed to either, although they did in Tarzan Rocks). In fact, they sometimes refer to it as 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park', while there is a 'Magic Kingdom Park' and simply 'Epcot'.
    I think the Disney's is added as a prefix to almost everything at WDW since they began thier "branding" campaign in the 1990s, and since the park opened after that, they got it included in thier name...as for the 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park' that may be in part to distingish it from 'Disney's Animal Kingdom lodge resort' that's my hunch on how that started.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards