Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Cannot use Fort Wilderness Guest Parking without a CAR reservation??? in the Ask The Experts forums; 1. Why were we scolded by a Disney guard this morning (9am) for wanting to park at Fort Wild without a "car reservation?" You heard right, we asked them, you ...
    PortVista is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Cannot use Fort Wilderness Guest Parking without a CAR reservation???

1. Why were we scolded by a Disney guard this morning (9am) for wanting to park at Fort Wild without a "car reservation?" You heard right, we asked them, you mean a "reservation for Trails End?" -- no a reservation for your CAR to park here. They let us thru reluctantly.

2. Why do so many RV's park in the Fort Wilderness Guest parking lot? It was full of them.

3. Where are we supposed to park to enjoy the Fort Wilderness amenities, including a $100 breakfast?

By the way, we were able to park at Beach Club and Contemporary "just to look around" no problem on Friday. Plenty of parking. We were staying at Art of Animation.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Re: Cannot use Fort Wilderness Guest Parking without a CAR reservation???

Funny folks them gate guards.

On our last trip, my SIL who lives in St. Augustine drove over to Orlando to spend time with us. She got a family suite in a hotel off property and picked up my daughters at Pop Century and them with her to spend the night at her hotel. The front desk CM gave her a 2 day parking permit for Pop's lot. We had breakfast reservations early the next morning for 1900 Park Fare and when she came back the next day, the security guy wasn't going to let her in. He told her that the front desk wasn't allowed to provide temporary passes to visitors. So she asked where she should drop the girls off at so he could watch them.

He opened the gate.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Oh this is only the tip of the iceberg. The locals are being harassed with the free parking with APs. Basically having to prove you are innocent and not scamming their system for parking. AP holders have been turned away told to turn around and leave or turn around and pay. Complaints at GS is taking upwards of an hour to resolve. The two computer systems are not linked right. You'd think they'd lay off the AP holders while coordinating the systems. Nope. Some of these Gate Guards are taking the role a little to seriously.

All around property, especially in resorts with easy access to parks they are cracking down on parking restrictions but not consistently. Studio's last week.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

The movie "Mall Cop" comes to mind for some reason......