Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Hoop-Dee-Doo in the Ask The Experts forums; So I'm surprising my wife with a couple of nights at the world for our anniversary and on one night I've reserved a table at the Hoop Dee-Doo Review. While ...
    jmoney is offline A-Ticket holder

Hoop-Dee-Doo

So I'm surprising my wife with a couple of nights at the world for our anniversary and on one night I've reserved a table at the Hoop Dee-Doo Review. While booking I read that they will acknowledge special occasions during the show. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with how they acknowledge you during the show and also when I should let someone know about it being our anniversary. Is there someone I should email before arriving? Should I mention it when I we check in or is there a part of the show where we just raise our hands?

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Hoop-Dee-Doo

Call them back and have the anniversary added to your reservation. Get an Anniversary button at the resort, City Hall or Guest Relations.

I know one of the Anniversary/Honeymoon acknowledgements is a short version of Let Me Call You Sweetheart....
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

ccudmore is offline A-Ticket holder

We were there for our anniversary a couple years ago. At one point in the show they called out for everyone having an anniversary to stand up. They then had hosts around the room go from couple to couple, ask them their name and then wish them a happy anniversary. They did the same thing with birthdays. We didn't need to book anything in advance.

jmoney is offline A-Ticket holder

Well I called and they added my anniversary to the reservation. I'm not sure if that factored in or not but were seated dead center right next to the stage. They did ask for all couples celebrating anniversaries to stand up and we were "encouraged" to dance. The entire trip was wonderful but this was definitely a highlight.