Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Be Our Guest Restaurant in the Ask The Experts forums; I have a question related to the Be Our Guest Restaurant. I like in the UK and a friend recently visited WDW any was able to book a table there ...
    EmmaSue is offline A-Ticket holder

Be Our Guest Restaurant

I have a question related to the Be Our Guest Restaurant. I like in the UK and a friend recently visited WDW any was able to book a table there (I'm jealous beyond belief) and she told me she was able to have "the grey stuff" for desert. Like in the song "try the grey stuff, it's delicious." But she was unable to describe what it was or tasted like!! What is it in the menu (other than desert) because in the film it looks like an hors d'oeuvre not desert! What is it supposed to be in the film as well?

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Re: Be Our Guest Restaurant

I'm not sure what it's supposed to be in the film but I can tell you it is a cookies and cream mousse type dessert in the restaurant. Our only meal so far at BoG was lunch when the restaurant first opened. We were on a family trip that included my mom and dad and were celebrating five birthdays. I had already read that the grey stuff was NOT on the menu and only served during dinner to guests celebrating an event. But the kicker then was the server was to decide if the event you were celebrating was grey stuff worthy. I took a chance and mentioned that we were on a huge family vacation and celebrating FIVE birthdays. The register CM never blinked an eye. She simply said "The Master would be angry with me if I served Grey Stuff. He only likes it served with dinner." That was it. No discussions.

Now Disney has included the Grey Stuff with some of it's desserts as a topping. There is also a recipe at The Disney Diner which I've made. It's good. Give it a shot.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

EmmaSue is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Be Our Guest Restaurant

Thank you! I will have to try that!