Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Colored Mickey Mouse Ears in the Ask The Experts forums; Okay I have question for the members on the fourm who were kids in the early to mid 70's that went to Disney or any member for that fact that ...
    JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO

Colored Mickey Mouse Ears

Okay I have question for the members on the fourm who were kids in the early to mid 70's that went to Disney or any member for that fact that knows.Okay I was looking at some of the photos mine inculded and started wondering why doesn't Disney world make the colored ears any more. Now if they do were can i get a pair in the park? Also didn't they say the Mickey Mouse club on them? Plus do you think our old ears would be worht money on Ebay Hey it never hurts to to know

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    MJ has Pink ears......I never had the colored ones... I had the Donald Duck hat tho....
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i have pink ears too! i'm 24 so i got mine in the early/mid 80's...i still have them in my closet and i believe my brother has them in blue. we also have donald duck, goofy, and figment hats from around that time too. i'm guessing that maybe the colored ears weren't selling as well or as popular as the classic black ears so that might have had something to do with it.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

I actually like the colored ones. I think the reason they had them back then was becasue the MMC of the 70's the mouskteers all had different colored hats. I wish I knew where the heck mines is.

Does anyone know if I could actually get one those old hats down in WDW?

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    The COLORED ears are back! I have seen at least Red and Blue (in addition to pink and black) I haven't seen if there are any others, I'll look this weekend.
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

Quote Originally Posted by MommytoMJM
    The COLORED ears are back! I have seen at least Red and Blue (in addition to pink and black) I haven't seen if there are any others, I'll look this weekend.

YAY!!! Thanks Bonny

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I will need one to match each outfit I take with me to WDW!
    They call me "Nana"

jadezuki is offline B-Ticket Holder
    The only colored ears I've seen are pink, and those are only available in childrens' sizes (I asked!). If anyone has any concrete info about red or pink or other colors in adult sizes, let me know! My sister had red ones when I was little and I was always jealous. I seem to remember the actual design of the red hat being a little different too... like it had a small brim at the front? And it didn't have to be held on one's head by bobby pins?

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    DL is bringing back colored ears. I saw pictures of ones with rainbow colors, characters, and a Club 33 pair.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    wow, interesting info..gives me a good excuse to get some new ears next time i'm down there...my mom never had them but on our last visit she finally got the ears.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney