Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Mission Space in the Ask The Experts forums; i have heard a lot of different things about mission space, some people think its an amzing ride and some think its awful an come off it feeling terrible! i ...
    _STACEY_ is offline E-Ticket Holder

Question Mission Space

i have heard a lot of different things about mission space, some people think its an amzing ride and some think its awful an come off it feeling terrible! i am off to disney in 10 days and i am undecided about whether to go on it, i am young and have no medical conditions what so ever so i no i would be fine! jus wondered what u guys thought of it?

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    bottom line, if you experience any kind of motion sickness, you may want to think twice.

i say go for it, the worst you can lose is your lunch,....like my wife did, but i'm not allowed to talk about that.

my wife said that her problem was looking away from the monitor. she was fine, looked away at something, then began feeling ill. so, stay focused on the monitor!!!
    Last edited by GrumpyDude; 08-03-2005 at 11:38 AM. Reason: mentioned to the wife and wanted me to add...

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I have ridden this on 2 occassions. The first time I was fine. The second time I got a little dizzy coming off the ride - but was fine when I sat for a second. It is a very intense ride, but as the warnings say continuously - if you have a problem with spinning and closed in confined or dark spaces, do not ride this ride.

I think it is a fun and if you don't have motion sickness problems, you will be fine! Have fun on your trip to the World.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    I have ridden a couple times when we went in May of last year I will be honest I did feel a little off and wozzy after the second and third time. I know you are probaly wondering why I did it a thrid time since I got off the ride feeling woozy the second time. I honestly thought I might had just jump up to fast but when we went back on it I felt that off feeling and wooziness and decided I wouldn't ride it any more while we were down there. Mind you we went on this at differnet times during the course of the trip so it wasn't like it was back to back.

Alos in Nov of the same year I went back down with the BF and I did ride it but I came off okay he was find as well. So I think for me I just can only ride it once and that's it. I like the ride but I don't love it. I say if you want to ride it and are in good health go ahead. But if you do come off feeling strange or off or something like that I wouldn't advise going back.Don't be like me and do it a third time and come off feeling the same way you felt two days ago thank God I didn't get any sicker. I really think that it depends on the person and how their body react to certain things.

Overall if you feel you are going to be find I would ride. Please keep in mind the ride is going to keep giving you waringt right unitl you enter the ride so you will have plenty of time to not ride if you think you might can't handle it or feel you might get sick. Once your in this ride your are in it tell the end. If you do get sick they do have air sick bags in there.
    Last edited by JEDIPRINCESS; 08-03-2005 at 12:03 PM.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I got some good advice from a fellow passenger on the ride before we stepped in, he told me to just stare straight at the monitor or else I might get dizzy or sick-it was good advice, it helped, and the ride, for me, was worth it.

It is well done Disney Imagineering, and if you like the aspects of space and a realistic ride, I think you will like it.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Definitely stay focused on the monitor!!!!! Not only can motion sickness be a problem, but claustrophobia - those pods are tiny! Having said that, I've ridden M:S a few times and only felt ill once, after having just come off Test Track and getting right on M:S. Nothing serious, just a little 'off', but it also was at the end of a long day and could blame it on exhaustion. I do experience motion sickness, but I took preventive medicine in the morning the other times I rode and was OK.

I'd also seen recommendations that you be well hydrated, not over-hungry, not over-tired, etc. before riding. If you're not feeling well before going on, you'll probably feel worse getting off.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I really enjoy M:S to the point I have done it back to back to back. I've had absolutely no problems on M:S. I don't get ill, fortunately, from most rides. I've been on more intense rides than M:S without incident. I think the key with ANY ride is to know your limitations and what your body can handle. We're all different. Also, know when you aren't feeling quite up to par is key as well. I know when to avoid certain rides myself. For example, I avoid any ride with an over the shoulder restraint and/or anything that confines my chest too much when I am having breathing difficulty. M:S uses an over the shoulder restraint.

The motion on M:S is similar to a Tilt-A-Whirl or Gravitron type rides. The gravitational force is all lateral....and about 2 g's.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

_STACEY_ is offline E-Ticket Holder
    im going to go for it, ill only regret it if i dont!
    thanks guys

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    Quote Originally Posted by _STACEY_
    im going to go for it, ill only regret it if i dont!
    thanks guys
    exactly, never be afraid to try!

and, if all else fails, i like to assume the "waist high" position (dive in with your legs dangling out) in the garbage can to minimize splash back!

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude
    exactly, never be afraid to try!

and, if all else fails, i like to assume the "waist high" position (dive in with your legs dangling out) in the garbage can to minimize splash back!

EEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! Gross, but good info...
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    my brother is the biggest chicken in the world, he hates rollercoaster and says anything with a "big dip" makes his insides come up to his throat...i did talk him into mission space with much freaking out while waiting on line on his part...we get into the pods and he sees the vomit bags and goes oh great i am going to get sick...he came off the ride totally fine and actually liked it enough to ride again on our last trip...so as it was already mentioned, if you just focus your eyes on the screen and don't forget to breathe(a few deep breaths do the trick for me) and are in good health you should be fine...my dad who has high blood pressure but it on medication that regulates it so he was ok to ride thought it was a well done ride but felt a little "off" after riding. personally i loved it...we go straight for M:S in the morning and TT with relatively short lines.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    btw jediprincess, love the orlando bloom pic! he's so hot!!
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

karamie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Was anybody else disappointed with Mission:Space? It was built up to be an amazing ride, and I was expecting a lot out of it, but when I finally got to ride it I found it a little boring. Hmm...

Karamie

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    I have been in M:S myself several hundred times. I love the thing. But of course it is not for everyone. As has already been mentioned, always look forward at the monitors and you will enjoy the expierence.

PS Play with all the buttons while waiting to take off!

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    If you like that "off" feeling like I do... well then make sure you turn your head a few times and try to focus on the person next to you... By the time you get off the ride it feels like you just downed a 12 pack!!! Yeah I like my rides to be as extreme as possible.. don't follow this as I am just not normal...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast