Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss More info on this whole "magic bands" thing in the Ask The Experts forums; Hey all, I haven't been to WDW since they added magic bands. I will be staying at a WDW resort so I'll be getting one. I really want to customize ...
    Drumrocker365 is offline A-Ticket holder

More info on this whole "magic bands" thing

Hey all,

I haven't been to WDW since they added magic bands. I will be staying at a WDW resort so I'll be getting one. I really want to customize mine before I get there, but I don't think my parents have (or would be willing to when they receive it) let me link the tickets with the My Disney Experience app. So, I was wondering, do you get ANY choice of color at all when you get there if you don't customize it before hand? Or is it just you get a random color? I'd rather not be a 13 year old boy who ends up with a pink magic band ._.

Thanks,
    Drumrocker365

Drumrocker365 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: More info on this whole "magic bands" thing

I've later discovered that there is a standard gray if not ordered ahead of time. I've also discovered your name is printed on the pack of it

EricR is offline A-Ticket holder

We made the mistake of not requesting the color before the trip. We were left with the standard gray Magic Bands which are really boring. Everyone else had different colored bands and we were stuck with the boring gray ones.

If it matters to you, take the time to get everything set up before-hand. It makes touring the parks much easier. Scheduling FastPass+ attractions before you get to the park is a major Must-Do.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

You do not need to link your tickets to MDX ahead of time to customize your bands. You DO need to have the reservation itself linked, however.

What linking the tickets allows is making FastPass+ selections when you reach the 60-day point before your check-in date.

To choose colors and get your names put on them, you need to customize them at least 30 days ahead of check-in. You will see the option in your MDX profile if everything is linked properly.

At 30 days the option closes, and they usually ship within 2-3 days, and they arrive in 2 days. If you are outside of the continental U.S., they will actually be shipped to your resort instead.

If you do not customize them, they will give you "Iconic Gray" bands at check-in. You can optionally purchase colored ones at $12.95 each, or some of the newer limited edition ones for more.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

AllThingsDisney is offline A-Ticket holder

Yeah, I remember seeing a whole lot of Magic Bands boxes behind the concierge desk at Pop Century.
    What are the "newer limited edition" bands? When I went we bought: Grey, Blue, Pink, Red, Yellow, Green, and Orange.

Prince Charming is offline B-Ticket Holder

They were selling a special edition band at the Halloween party and I am guessing they will have one for the holidays, too.

Welcome to the Magic Kingdom!