Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss True Disney Princesses in the Ask The Experts forums; Okay could someone please answer this question for me. Me and my sister (who is not a loyal Disney lover *tsk*tsk) have an on going debate about wether Mulan is ...
    *WDW*princess* is offline E-Ticket Holder

Question True Disney Princesses

Okay could someone please answer this question for me. Me and my sister (who is not a loyal Disney lover *tsk*tsk) have an on going debate about wether Mulan is considered as one of the Disney Princesses or not. I say she isn't but she thinks she is. What do you think?

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I don't believe she is "technically" royalty, but she is often lumped together with the Disney females, many of whom are considered princesses of sorts.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    According to the movie (and I assume the book too, though I have not read it) A Little Princess, all women are princess' and our fathers should treat us like one and we should be called one.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

megstarfan911 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    i believe that Mulan is technically a disney heroine, along the likes of Esmerelda and Meg(from Hercules). They are'nt born royality, are not married into royality, and are the main female character in their movies, most often with heroic qualities and such.(you might even be able to include jessie or lilo in this catagory, just didnt go that far into analysis)

((sory to get so technical, but meg is one of my favorite characters, so i do know a lot about disney heroines))
    hey evry1!!!

trips to the world:
    fall'93(dont remember it) summer '95 summer'00 (grandparents) summer'03; spring break'04; summer '04 (cousins came); spring '05; july 5 -10 '05(friend came); july 26-Aug. 2 '05(cousins came)

Diamond is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Mulan is not considered a princess. To be a princess, your parents must be a King/Queen or you must marry a prince. Mulan does neither, therefore she is not a princess.

*WDW*princess* is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Thank you for answering my question. I win!
    -Caroline

...Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.
    A dream is a wish your heart makes

mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Question But...

Quote Originally Posted by megstarfan911
    i believe that Mulan is technically a disney heroine, along the likes of Esmerelda and Meg(from Hercules). They are'nt born royality, are not married into royality, and are the main female character in their movies, most often with heroic qualities and such.(you might even be able to include jessie or lilo in this catagory, just didnt go that far into analysis)

((sory to get so technical, but meg is one of my favorite characters, so i do know a lot about disney heroines))
    Sorry to further the debate, but on the Disney Sorry, Disney has put Jessie in with the Princess pieces - so (I'm assuming - and we all know what that does) that Disney actually considers Jessie a princess... If they didn't consider her a princess, wouldn't they have used Aurora instead?

I think Disney has decided to 'broaden' their definition of Princess to include the heroines. It must make it easier for marketing purposes.

Just a couple of thoughts,
    Michelle
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    We bought a poster, recently, that had Mulan with the other princesses, but left Ariel off completely. Guessing (since it was made in China) that someone just slipped her in, she is NOT technically a princess being neither born of royalty, nor married to royalty. Pocohontas often ends up with the princesses, and she (also) is not royalty.

Zaubermaus is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom
    We bought a poster, recently, that had Mulan with the other princesses, but left Ariel off completely. Guessing (since it was made in China) that someone just slipped her in, she is NOT technically a princess being neither born of royalty, nor married to royalty. Pocohontas often ends up with the princesses, and she (also) is not royalty.
    Sorry, but Pocahontas is a Princess:

look here:
    http://www.apva.org/history/pocahont.html

Pirate_Queen is offline C-Ticket Holder
    It really bugs me that they include Mulan in with the Princesses and most times, Pochahontas is left out! Pochahontas' father was the leader/king of their people so that makes her a Princess!

"To all that come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    I really dont like that they say Mulan is a princess. She definatly isnt. They should only have those w/ royalty. If they want, they could make a heroins group so that mulan and those cuold have their own place. They dont put the princes in as heros so they shouldnt have heroins as princesses. Two different things.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Yeah, yeah--just beatin' a dead horse here (maybe if we used a bigger whip.....?), Fa Mulan is no princess. She's so much more than that. Princesses are a dime a dozen. Dedicated individuals willing to lay everything down on the line for the sake of everyone else are a tiny group getting harder and harder to come by (doubly so if we're going to debate the whole "non-traditional" gender roles nonsense).

*Jake sits back, hits SUBMIT, and proudly hums "The Battle Hymn of the Republic"
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    thats a good song to hum
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

sparky is offline Proud to be DWT's most inconsistent member!!!!
    The only true princess is...My daughter!!!!!!
    I , , !!!

http://www.policeny.com/thehousethebronx1.html

HEY DEB!! I HATE THE RULES AND I AINT FOLLOWING THEM!!!!

http://www.forgotten-ny.com/NEIGHBOR...d/norwood.html