Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss The Parks at Night? in the Ask The Experts forums; I was watching a special on the travel channel about amusements parks and there was a segment about Islands of Adventure. It was showing the procedure the employees there go ...
    Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...

The Parks at Night?

I was watching a special on the travel channel about amusements parks and there was a segment about Islands of Adventure. It was showing the procedure the employees there go through each night to prepare the park for the next day. It was pretty insane how much work they had to do, but it went as far as they touch up the paint on every building every night!
    I was wondering if this sort of thing went on at WDW, and what are some of the duties CM's do there overnight?

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Yes it does, they do all sorts of maintence

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    Disney INVENTED the whole totally scrub down/retouch the paint /check every single ride at the park/every single night, forever and ever process!

For example: From what I understand, they start painting at one end of Main Street, each night according to schedule, they paint a little farther down until they reach the end, then they go back and start over. . . .and over. . . .and over. And that is just that particular crew.
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

Wow, thank for the info. That seems like such a horrible job, lol! I'm sure it's fun to work at WDW but that part would not be.
    Anyways, it is great they take so much care of everything. Good to know.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

SecondStar is offline Why is the rum gone?!?!
    They do this EVERY night? Like... everynight 365 days a year? wait... there ARE 365 days in a year, right?
    : Stephanie:

this is what dreams are made of

Well the special on IoA that I watched said that yes they do it every single night.
    So I am guessing WDW would be the same.

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    I know that they have a single group of CMs whose sole job is to replace all the lightbulbs on MSUSA each night...and I know that all the lightposts are repainted at least twice a month.
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    They paint MK so often that the buildings are getting bigger with all those extra layers of paint!!!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    When I was a Cast Member at the Disney store (a long time ago) we would have to have that store spic and span before we leave. So that mean every shirt folded, every stuff animal on Plush mountain neat and pretty and the list goes on forever. I would usually leave work at around 11:00 at night way after the mall was closed sometimes later. So I give the CM in the parks a lot of credit becasue the parks are huge and can you imagine the mess once they all leave.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    It sounds like we were working at the Disney Store around the same time. Dont forget the dusting every night.

We also dusted the figures and edged the carpet on Sunday Mornings.

The original Frontierland Shooting Gallery used real guns refitted for pellets in their guns. This posed no danger to the customers however due to the damage made with the pellets the area had to be repaired and re-painted every night.

They have since switched to Laser fitted guns and have less maintenance issues.

Last edited by MickeyBabe; 09-09-2005 at 09:36 AM.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBabe
    It sounds like we were working at the Disney Store around the same time. Dont forget the dusting every night.

We also dusted the figures and edged the carpet on Sunday Mornings.

The original Frontierland Shooting Gallery used real guns refitted for pellets in their guns. This posed no danger to the customers however due to the damage made with the pellets the area had to be repaired and re-painted every night.

Oh man I forgot all about those horrible glass figures. Why did you remind me

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

cjdiggs is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Dont forget at night is when they all plant plants. and do refurbishesments on buildings.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Lake Compounce, the theme park I work at back home in CT, doesn't do touchups every night, but they are done several times througout the course of the operating season. I know that at least a few times each year I'd come in before the park was open in the morning to get my stand ready to start the day, and there would be a guy painting or doing touchups on my building. Our park doesn't open until 11am usually, so most of our "behind the scenes" work is done early morning instead of overnight like at WDW.

I would definitely imagine that at someplace like Disney or Universal that they would do those kinds of things EVERY night.

I'm an assitant manager in the foods department at lake compounce, and in terms of cleanliness and sanitation standards, we would have formal inspections anywhere from two to four times a week, and we're told that we have some of the highest cleanliness standards in the industry! I'm kind of curious how we would compare to Disney in those respects.

Anyone have any insider info on the food service side of WDW???
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...