Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Song of the South in the Ask The Experts forums; I am so old I saw parts of SoTS on TV years ago!!! For more info see this thread:...
    Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    I am so old I saw parts of SoTS on TV years ago!!! For more info see this thread:
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 09-11-2005 at 06:42 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Okay seeing as most of you know I'm African American. I will say this film is by far one of my Favorites and I'm not at all offend by the way they protrayed the African Americans in this film. I can care less how they were portrayed. That movie was not made to stir up racial problems. I think that African American people should look at as a milestone because one the gentleman that palyed Uncle Remus was the first Black person ever to sign with the Disney company plus he got a special Oscar for the role. Alos all of the animated charactedr were voice by all black people. I have to agree some black people need to get over this it just a movie my goodness sakes. Beside in today world I don't think the children would anything else then a rabbit playing a bunch of pranks on a dumb fox and bear. I'm sure they would careless aobut the live action part and any underlying undertones. Just my opinion not trying to stir up trouble.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...
    if anyones interested u can buy song of the south for vhs or dvd on ebay. but beware there are more bootleg versions of the movie that uncle remus can shake a stick at. so read the description first.
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I look at this from the Literature aspect. What wonderful stories these are! What a way to show a portion of this culture-a positive portion. IMHO.

byoung1521 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Rumor has it that Song of the South is being released next year (2006) to coincide with the 65th anniversary of its initial release.

I always thought that it was funny that it wasnt released because of the way they portray the african americans but if you compare it to that long winded classic Gone with the wind. That one is even worse.
    Last edited by byoung1521; 09-13-2005 at 08:15 AM.
    "You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

Okay just got reading Song of the South.net and I have a question. Why would Disney make a ride based on a movie that they adamatly refuse to re-release? Think about it Splash Mtn is one of the most popular rides in the MK. I mean think about it this ride alone is going to spark intrest in this movie. My kids as soon as they got off the ride wanted to know why we didn't own this movie and when was it coming out. I think Disney will have to release this movie sooner than later just for the fact there are probaly thousands tht ride this ride each day in WDW,DL and TDL and it going to spark intrest from a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    I have a question. Why would Disney make a ride based on a movie that they adamatly refuse to re-release? Think about it Splash Mtn is one of the most popular rides in the MK. I mean think about it this ride alone is going to spark intrest in this movie.
    I've wondered the same thing many times!

Hey guys let discuss this topic further. Maybe someone at the Disney Company will read this and see that there are a lot of people who want this movie released. Espcially me an African American you views this moive as a great part of not only American History but African American history.

I will say this again and again I 'm not at all in shape or fashion offended by the live action parts of this movie. Granted I haven't fully view this movie since I was a child,but what I do remember was I love the songs and the stories of Brer Fox, Bear, and Rabbit. My yongest loved Splash Mtn so much she was very upset to learn that this movie was never on DVD or as she said mom a least on Video on Demand .I had to tell here no. So she settle for a stuff Brer Fox and Brer Rabbit.

It such a shame becasue my kids plus a lot kids today who have ridden this ride want to know this story. Yes you can tell them about the movie and even read the books. But with kids today you are going to have to show them. They love see thing on any screen. I think it sad and a shame that this movie is put in hiding over some dumb racial views of some dumb people. Come on it the 21st century for goodness sake not the 1800.

I would love to hear others oipions on this subject.

wow jedi princess u have good points. the thing that confuses me is the tar babies. i no that it was a racial name but in the movie it was use as a decoy for brer rabitt. i dont see how people think its racist.
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    What ever I touch
    I'm too much!

Quote Originally Posted by GrmGrnningGhost
    wow jedi princess u have good points. the thing that confuses me is the tar babies. i no that it was a racial name but in the movie it was use as a decoy for brer rabitt. i dont see how people think its racist.
    I agree I remember that part very well and all I saw as a trick on poor Brer Rabbit. I remember having a book on Brer Rabbit and the rest of the gang and they had the same extact scene in the book and it would crack me up to no end. I still think of it and it cracks me up to see Brer Rabbit all stuck in all that tar and then get Brer Fox and then Brer stuck in it to.

Hey has anyone notice on the Splash MTN. Ride the tar baby is no where to be found and instead you poor Brer Rabbit attack bybees instead.

Oh just so you know GrmGrnningGhost I don't see tar baby as a racial name I have heard worst thank GOD never directed at me but I have heard worst and that goes for every race.Like I said let just get over this dumb racism issue and release the darn movie already.
    Last edited by JEDIPRINCESS; 09-27-2005 at 12:49 PM.

JEV4 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Disney if you are reading this please think about what your'e doing.I have signed the pentitoin twice.
    I just love World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS

Oh just so you know GrmGrnningGhost I don't see tar baby as a racial name I have heard worst thank GOD never direct at me but I have heard worst and that goes for every race.Like I said let just get over this dumb racism issue and release the darn movie already.
    that was what my grandparents told me they said that people said it was a racial name and thats why they dont sell them anymore.

and jev4 do u have a link to the petition
    Josh

I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    What ever I touch
    I'm too much!

Quote Originally Posted by GrmGrnningGhost
    and jev4 do u have a link to the petition
    You can go onto www.songofthesouth.net and there is a place to sign the petition there.

I have sign it twice.

Yes Disney if you are reading this please release this movie already.

Sorry guys I'm very passionate about this movie and why it hasn't been released. It just turns my stomache.

lets bring this back on track

i have finally seen song of the south again!!!!!
    last time i saw it i was only a baby.gotta love the internet
    Josh

I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    What ever I touch
    I'm too much!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast