Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Song of the South in the Ask The Experts forums; Yes Disney if you are reading this please release this movie already. Sorry guys I'm very passionate about this movie and why it hasn't been released. It just turns my ...
    SadieMae is offline A-Ticket holder
    Yes Disney if you are reading this please release this movie already.

Sorry guys I'm very passionate about this movie and why it hasn't been released. It just turns my stomache.

Add me to the Song of the South fan club. I remember going with my mother, father and brother to see it. Years later I had a book of Uncle Remus stories that I read to my third graders during story time. Unfortunately when I left that school, the book was somehow left behind. The stories were the Disney versions -- I wish I had that book now to pass on to my grand nephews and nieces. Maybe I am dense, but I don't see the racial problem in the portrail of Uncle Remus or any of the other black characters. But then again, I guess some one will always find fault no matter what. Oh! and I am a big GWTW fan. also. Guess I just like things with a southern bend.
    Diane

Cats are like potato chips, one is never enough

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by SadieMae
    Yes Disney if you are reading this please release this movie already.

Sorry guys I'm very passionate about this movie and why it hasn't been released. It just turns my stomache.

Add me to the Song of the South fan club. I remember going with my mother, father and brother to see it. Years later I had a book of Uncle Remus stories that I read to my third graders during story time. Unfortunately when I left that school, the book was somehow left behind. The stories were the Disney versions -- I wish I had that book now to pass on to my grand nephews and nieces. Maybe I am dense, but I don't see the racial problem in the portrail of Uncle Remus or any of the other black characters. But then again, I guess some one will always find fault no matter what. Oh! and I am a big GWTW fan. also. Guess I just like things with a southern bend.
    Hey I love Gone With the Wind also. I'm glad there are others out there that love Song of the South as much as I do. Once again I must say I don't find anything racial at all to this movie. I loved it more for the cartoon part then the live action part. I really hope someone at the Disney Company see this board and other internet site and rerelease this movie. It a shame to see it just be forgotten like this.

I also say if you are not going to release this movie then shut Splash Mountain down. Beacause all it does is teas us and that's not fair.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I thought that when you keep stories and history alive, it can help the future not make the mistakes of the past. The time period where this took place was a dark time in the human condition but the traditions that are behind these wonderful stories needs to be shared. I am sad that my children can't hear these stories.

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs
    I thought that when you keep stories and history alive, it can help the future not make the mistakes of the past. The time period where this took place was a dark time in the human condition but the traditions that are behind these wonderful stories needs to be shared. I am sad that my children can't hear these stories.

I so agree with you Snow. I try to tell my children as much as I can about the Song of the South but it hard to but how wonderful this story is into words. Bein an African American I have to stress again this story does not in shape or form offend me. Yes it was a very dark time in American history and no it shouldn't be forgotten. But to toss this film aside like they have is terrible. Like I said in previous post I really hope Disney see this and other internet sites and just release the movie.

GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...
    after many years of searching have finaly found a perfect copy of song of the south and after i watched it i saw nothing racist at all in that movie. it was as great move based on the stories of brer rebit not trying to be racist. the only thing i saw that was stereotypical was the silly simphany "Coal Black and the Sebben Dwarves" but that wasnt even part of song of the south.
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

JEV4 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I also say if you are not going to release this movie then shut Splash Mountain down. Beacause all it does is teas us and that's not fair.

Hey! Even if they don't realese the NON RACAIL MOVIE I don't want them to shut down SM!
    I just love World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by JEV4

Hey! Even if they don't realese the NON RACAIL MOVIE I don't want them to shut down SM!

I know I don't really want them to shut it down either but it just make me mad knowing that a perfectly good movie is not bein release for something really dumb.

SecondStar is offline Why is the rum gone?!?!
    Honestly, I think Disney should re-release the movie. And as a solution for all those who are offended by the movie... DON'T WATCH IT.

There ya go, problem solved.. moving on now...
    : Stephanie:

this is what dreams are made of

Quote Originally Posted by SecondStar
    Honestly, I think Disney should re-release the movie. And as a solution for all those who are offended by the movie... DON'T WATCH IT.

There ya go, problem solved.. moving on now...

Hear Hear girlfriend

JEV4 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Go SecondStar!

EDIT:Yay! 50th post!
    I just love World of Warcraft.

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    I know this is wayyyy old, but for anyone that checks it, there are talks of Disney releasing Song of the South later this year (2006) for its 60th anniversary.

PrincessChelC is offline A-Ticket holder
    Oh I really hope they re-release it. I watched it so many times as a child that I wore the tape out and ruined it And you're right if they 're not going to re-release the movie they shouldn't have Splash Mt.
    I am a Disney fanatic

Disney trips
    June '99- offsite
    May '01- Carribean Beach
    June '03- Coronado Springs
    June '05- Port Orleans Riverside

I'd rather be at Walt Disney World

My wonderful Disney family: Mom 40-ish , Brother-in-law Jon 34 , Sister Julie 26 , Sister Annie 16, Me 15

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123