Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Haunted Mansion Needs Refurbish? in the Ask The Experts forums; Greets, Just got back from DW and had a blast. Very few disappointments. The Haunted Mansion is one of my absolute favorite rides. Is it my imagination or has the ...
    glistensound2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Haunted Mansion Needs Refurbish?

Greets,

Just got back from DW and had a blast. Very few disappointments.

The Haunted Mansion is one of my absolute favorite rides. Is it my imagination or has the blacklighting in the mansion become so dim you can't hardly see many of the features like books in the library, ghosts in the graveyard, etc?

We rode it again later in the day to see if perhaps if there were technical problems earlier. Same poor blacklighting.

When we rode many similar rides with blacklights our white tennis shoes just glowed and the ride features were clear and crisp.

Perhaps the Haunted Mansion is in need of a refurbish, not necessarily in content but maintenance wise?

Thanks for any feedback, answers.
    -Mark

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Great question. When I was down last year twice I notice that as well. I wonder how they decide which attraction or ride needs to be refurish.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

_STACEY_ is offline E-Ticket Holder
    haunted mansion is closing briefly during november this year! maybe that is for refurbishment?
    WhEn YoU wIsH uPoN a StAr YoUr DrEaMs CoMe TrUe

As long as they are never closed while I am there they can go ahead and do whatever needs to be done! Just as long as they DO NOT ever add the whole NBC scene thing for Halloween!!!!

_STACEY_ is offline E-Ticket Holder
    You will have to explain the whole NBC thing to little old me over here in England!
    WhEn YoU wIsH uPoN a StAr YoUr DrEaMs CoMe TrUe

Quote Originally Posted by _STACEY_
    You will have to explain the whole NBC thing to little old me over here in England!
    NBC = Night Before Christmas (The Tim Burton movie). Sorry about that....just used to abbreviating. The redo the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland every (I believe it's every year) Halloween with NBC theme. I don't want them to do that at WDW!

GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...
    yeah i noticed that to.that and when i went 3 weeks ago we only saw the guy hanging but no girl falling but heard screaming in the begining show(after "there's all ways my way")
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    While I believe the attraction itself is NOT in need of any changes, I have to say that on my last few trips (each of which I ride the HM prob 5-10 times), I have been in a Doombuggy with poor/no audio. That, plus some minor adjustments on some of the pop-up figures in the graveyard is all I would suggest...

Oh yeah... Umm... some of those Doombuggies are in pretty bad shape... maybe you should get new ones and just give me one for my basement.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Sounds like a plan Lou, I need some seats for that home theatre!

mickaholic4077 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    You know where I think HM really needs refurbishing? Take out the turnstiles. I can't fit through them,so when I ride HM I miss reading all the gravestones while waiting to enter.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    On one of my recent trips I too thought it was unusually dark in the Mansion, much darker than i remembered it, and was having trouble making out some details. However, I went back later that evening when the sun was going down, and everything was back to "normal". I just came to the conclusion that when I visited the first time that day, with the bright sun high overhead, my eyes just couldn't adjust to the dark inside as fast as they could when I visted later in the day.

But I do agree with the doombuggy audio problem though. I've had one that cuts in/out on more than one ocassion.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
    On one of my recent trips I too thought it was unusually dark in the Mansion, much darker than i remembered it, and was having trouble making out some details. However, I went back later that evening when the sun was going down, and everything was back to "normal". I just came to the conclusion that when I visited the first time that day, with the bright sun high overhead, my eyes just couldn't adjust to the dark inside as fast as they could when I visted later in the day.

But I do agree with the doombuggy audio problem though. I've had one that cuts in/out on more than one ocassion.
    Yeah I agree Don there is a different from riding during the day and night. I thought I was just getting old and lossing my site the last time that happen to me. I went on during the day and was like I can't see anything in here. Then got on at night and so a big different. I think I will wait until night to ride the HM from now on. Even though my girls think the ride is scary go figure this coming from two kids that will sit in the total dark at home and watch movie like Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street (well not these persay but along that lines you get the dirft ) HM is very tame compare to those movie. I think it's bcause they have to be in the dark for a couple of minutes. Kids I just can't figure them out.Epsically my two

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

jadezuki is offline B-Ticket Holder
    HM definitely needs a rehab. Every time I've gone this year (both at night and in the day) I've noticed that it's getting positively dingy. Over the years, I've noticed that I can always tell when it's due for rehab by watching the ghost shadow that plays the piano. All year long it's been seemingly out-of-focus, not as noticeable or crisp.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I absolutely love the HM but when I went with my kids in June, our doom buggy had such poor audio that after we exited the ride, we got right back on because the kids wanted to "hear what that man was saying".. the second ride had better audio, but do think a sound adjustment should occur, at least! (And I would like to take an old doom buggy off their hands as well!)
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

kokopelli is offline A-Ticket holder
    I agree with the rehab, but I hope they do not change it to NBC theme, it would ruin the ride...I'm going in feb. 06, and I am looking foward to seeing the new tombstone tehy added with the opening eyes...with all the technology they have today, they could HM into a great visual effects ride and make a little more scary, not too scary...the children would hate it ..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast