Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Saludos Amigos, the dirty version??? in the Ask The Experts forums; I recently bought this on dvd (Disney's 6th animated feature). at the beginning, it says, "this film has been modified to fit this screen and edited for content." or something ...
    the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

Saludos Amigos, the dirty version???

I recently bought this on dvd (Disney's 6th animated feature). at the beginning, it says, "this film has been modified to fit this screen and edited for content." or something like that.
    I had never seen the film, so I obviously couldn't notice what had been cut out, but I was wondering: Does anyone know why this movie had to be "edited for content"?

being as it's set in South America, and is very old, I just kinda assumed that maybe somewhere in the original there may have been some kind of vague racial thing that might have been construed in the wrong way by someone. but that's just my speculation.

there is also a scene where Donald is chasing around a bunch of latina honeys on the beach, who are in bikinis. maybe something in that scene had to be cut? (EDIT: that scene is in Three Caballeros, sorry)

I don't know. you tell me.

thanks
    Last edited by the7thAve; 10-01-2005 at 12:03 AM.

If we can dream it, we can do it