Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss A-E Ticket Books Question in the Ask The Experts forums; Rather than put this in the "Ask Lou..." section of the site, I am posting an email received from a reader and my response here: I see that you have ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

A-E Ticket Books Question

Rather than put this in the "Ask Lou..." section of the site, I am posting an email received from a reader and my response here:

I see that you have a picture of an old E ticket on youe site. It brings back a lot of memories !! My family and I first went to Disney in the summer of 1978 and again summer of 79. We just recently went in April 2004.

Could you please tell me what the A - D ticket rides were in the late seventies ? My sister and I are trying to figure it out from memory.

Regards, Todd S.

-------------------------

Todd,

Thank you for your email.

I agree about the old ticket books being nostalgic. I actually have a few complete books, as well as a framed one on my wall, and an E-Ticket framed as well! My first visit was in 1971, just a month after WDW opened (although I don't remember, being only three at the time... but I have a picture of me on Main Street on the site).

If I recall correctly, the tickets during the late 70's were as follows:

A - Cinderella's Golden Carrousel, Main Street Cinema, Main Street Horse Cars, Main Street Horseless carriage-Jitney, Main Street Omnibus, Main Street Fire Engine

B - Dumbo, Mad Tea Party, Frontierland Shootin' Gallery, Mike Fink Keel Boats, Swiss Family Treehouse

C - WDW Railroad, Grand Prix Raceway, Peter Pans' Flight, Snow White's Scary Adventures, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

D - Enchanted Tiki Birds, Tom Sawyer Island, Liberty Square Riverboats, Skyway (one way), WEDway PeopleMover (later became an E-Ticket), Mission to Mars, Star Jets

E - it's a small world, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Country Bear Jamboree, Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Hall of Presidents, Space Mountain

Some attractions would also change periodically, and be "promoted" or "demoted" to a lower or higher level, such as the WEDWay PeopleMover, which went from a D to an E Ticket attraction, or the Main Street Cinema, which went from a B to an A attraction.
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 07-03-2004 at 12:42 PM.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Parkhopper is offline A-Ticket holder
    That is a good memory! The only additional attraction that has a Ticket in my 1979 guide book is the Mickey Mouse Revue which is a D ticket Here is that page from my 1979 guide book:

I don't want to post too many images here on this thread, but if you would like to look at the other pages of the 1979 guidebook you can click on the following links:
    1979 Guide book 1
    1979 Guide book 2
    1979 Guide book 3
    1979 Guide book 4
    1979 Guide book 5
    1979 Guide book 6
    1979 Guide book 7
    1979 Guide book 8
    1979 Guide book 9
    1979 Guide book 10
    1979 Guide book 11
    1979 Guide book 12
    1979 Guide book 13
    1979 Guide book 14
    1979 Guide book 15
    1979 Guide book 16
    1979 Guide book 17

They are double page scans except for the first and last which are the cover of the guide. Kind of fun to look back on the old guides
    Last edited by Parkhopper; 07-03-2004 at 10:49 AM.

Parkhopper is offline A-Ticket holder
    Oh, and with respect to tickets I found this in an even older guide. The front of the guide has compliments of gaf on it.

adambreakey is offline Moderator
    Good stuff Parkhopper. I find it amazing that a two day pass was $15 back then. What a bargain. but the real steal was River Country for $3.50!

adamb
    To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge.

LilMarcieMouse is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We have some of the A-B and C ticket left from 1977.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

iamdaisyduck is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I still have a bunch of these in my attic somewhere. Can they be redeemd for passes oir credit?

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I have heard that you can, but they are worth more as collectibles on Ebay than they are as credit. Remember, the original tickets were only 10 - $1 or so, and Disney would apply that original face value towards your current-day pass purchase.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    I actually love collecting the old books. I have a coupld in perfect condition (once framed) as well as lots of individual tickets, etc.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Mongello View Post
    Some attractions would also change periodically, and be "promoted" or "demoted" to a lower or higher level, such as the WEDWay PeopleMover, which went from a D to an E Ticket attraction, or the Main Street Cinema, which went from a B to an A attraction.
    Another example would be The Mickey Mouse Revue, which required an E ticket when it opened with the park in 1971, but was downgraded to a D ticket in 1973.