Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Crowds? in the Ask The Experts forums; Just booked my 8th trip to WDW in Sep 2006! Just wondered what the crowds are like?...
    _STACEY_ is offline E-Ticket Holder

Crowds?

Just booked my 8th trip to WDW in Sep 2006! Just wondered what the crowds are like?
    WhEn YoU wIsH uPoN a StAr YoUr DrEaMs CoMe TrUe

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    What time in September? The crowds usually aren't too bad because most kids have gone back to school. The later in the month the better. Plus the weather gets better as the month goes on, less rain, less heat, and less chance of hurricanes.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    We went recently (last week) and the longest wait for ANYTHING was 30 minutes and that was probably a stretch. Next time, we are pulling the kids out of school and going.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    We went the second week of Sept...the weekend after Labor Day ....CROWDS??? WHAT CROWDS??? LOL I think the longest wait we had was maybe 20 min at the most and that was only the wait for the INDY show and we were already seated with preshow entertainment so it didnt even seem that long. Most attractions were walk ons or maybe a 5-10 min wait with walkons being the more prevelant. But then again I planned things around special events(We were at another park when events like the pin trading was going on at Epcot ) Then hit EPCOT the next day. A bit of planning and a lot of research involved but it was definatley worth the time spent. We got to see a lot even with a stroller and toddler to haul around.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

_STACEY_ is offline E-Ticket Holder
    wicked thanks guys! we are goin the 4th - 18th! so hopefully it wont be too bad!
    WhEn YoU wIsH uPoN a StAr YoUr DrEaMs CoMe TrUe

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraTheGreat
    What time in September? The crowds usually aren't too bad because most kids have gone back to school. The later in the month the better. Plus the weather gets better as the month goes on, less rain, less heat, and less chance of hurricanes.

Hurricane season lasts until November 30
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    Yup but their peak is mid-August to Mid-September. I live in Florida I have to worry about this stuff.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Rule of thumb in my book. When the kids are in school go when they are out avoid it like your life depending on you. I hate crowds so that why my kids coming out of school to go.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    We've been to WDW in late September. Weather was great and crowds were reasonable. However, there is this little ride called Everest...you may have run across it...and I'm betting that Disney is hoping that attendance is still running a little higher than normal this year. We have plans to be there in mid October.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    I have heard that it is not busy from the second to last week of August untill about four weeks before halloween.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    I have been the last week of august and everything was less than a five minute wait!
    Hope u don't have any lines!
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

_Tinkerbell_ is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Hi

I went in September with my family and i agree there were little to no lines. Prob longest wait was for Goofys barnstomer for the kids at 30 mins.

In saying that, i wont go back in September. Yes weather was cooler than in July but parks closed earlier than i was used too and there was no fireworks every night so you had to plan a bit more. We had bad weather for the 2 weeks we were there, had a few nice days but mostly rain all dayevery day, as there was hurricane forecasts. Although hurricane didnt hit us we got a load of the bad weather and the parks closed due to the warnings. So we didnt get a lot of time in parks and didnt get to do everything we had wanted.

Also, on top of all that, there were swarms of black flies everywhere ! !We were told that they usually come in October but becuase of the summer weather they had in Florida the flies were there sonner. I have never seen anything like this. If you lay a towel out it was covered in flies in seconds. You couldnt eat or drink as your food and drinks had flies in them. The water at the water parks were full of flies so my neice in particular wouldnt go in the water as they stuck to you. I wish i could remember the names of the fly swarms, a CM at Blizzard beach told us the name.

Please dont let this put you off September as its only my experience and opinion. We were prob just unlucky with the weather situaton but it is hurricane season and we knew that, thats why it was cheaper ! As for the flies - we were unlucky again. I have never heard of anyone speak of these before so id be curious to hear frm anyone whos experienced them. You could go in September and have great weather and no crowds and have the time of your life. Im off again in July, i could have bad weather and loooong queues because of time of year ( sorry - i WILL have queues).

Have a great time whatever happens.

Tink
    When you Wish Upon a Star.......

Off Site - 1993
    All Star Sports - 1996
    All Star Music - 1998
    Off Site -2000
    Off Site - 2003
    Next, Coronado Springs - July 2006