Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Crowds in February... in the Ask The Experts forums; I'm taking my trip in late February which is my 30th B-Day as well. We are going to be doing 5 days but are considering tacking on an extra day. ...
    SoupBone is offline Fastpass Holder

Crowds in February...

I'm taking my trip in late February which is my 30th B-Day as well. We are going to be doing 5 days but are considering tacking on an extra day. We aren't sure how the crowds are going to be so if any of you guys have been in Feb. then maybe you can help me figure out if I need to throw in the extra day or not. Appreciate the suggestions and before I forget....100 POSTS!!!!!

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    I went last year at Mardi Gras...crowds were very little. test Track had the longest wait with 45 minutes, but nothing else was above 30. Average wait time for most major attractions was 10-15 minutes. However, last year, Mardi Gras was Feb. 8, and the crowds might be different later in the month.
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Quote Originally Posted by SoupBone
    I'm taking my trip in late February which is my 30th B-Day as well. We are going to be doing 5 days but are considering tacking on an extra day. We aren't sure how the crowds are going to be so if any of you guys have been in Feb. then maybe you can help me figure out if I need to throw in the extra day or not. Appreciate the suggestions and before I forget....100 POSTS!!!!!
    I am a local, I go to college near by and ALL my friends come visit me in Feb because the parks are dead! The only thing is, is that MK normally closes early (as in by 6 or 8) however there are extra magic hours. The crowds are absolutely dead. Lots of times in Feb there is no fast pass because fast pass is not needed. I think that five days would be more than enough. I always attend a board meet from another board there and normally we have people come for 4 days and that's more than enough time to get on everything.

Also last year when one of my friends visited me, she was here for 10 days and we got on everything in the parks 3 times or more. This was in the middle of feb. All the month is a great time to visit though. Very uncrowded!

I have been there a lot around then (I go every weekend) and I recommend Feb as one of the best times to go because it is dead, it does get busier around Valentine's day weekend though. Other than that, it is a GREAT time. If you need anything else or questions feel free to ask or PM me. I'm around a lot and I have tons of tips and I go every weekend so I know crowd levels.

Congrats on your 100 posts.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

TXwHnIdY is offline B-Ticket Holder
    From a hicktown in Texas to one in Alabama
    Well, Febuary is almost completely dead, except for President's Day Weekend. Me and my family were going to go this past febuary, called in December, and like very few rooms were unbooked- because of all the nascar stuff in daytona. As long as your plans don't overlap the 18th, you'll be fine!!!
    hey yall!

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 27, 2005 1:30:00 PM CST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=fuchsia>WDW Vacation and Capital One Bowl Countdown</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'New Years Wid The Mouse!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Lauren Ashley!

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i agree that in general feb is pretty dead. we used to go in feb when school was closed for pres. day and as the years went by it got more crowded but we never had any major issues. you should be fine going in late feb bc most schools are back in session and you can never spend enough time in disney
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

SoupBone is offline Fastpass Holder
    Thanks for the replies guy....I can't wait....this is the first time I am going this time of the year. Usually we go in the summertime so I know what to expect. I agree that we picked a great time to go. I know that some rides will be closed due to refurb but i don't think it will be a big deal. Also the first day will be my 30th B-Day so I am insanely excited. My wifes cousin and her husband are coming too and her cousin's B-Day is 4 days after mine so this will be an awesome trip. Thanks again for the help....

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I went in February of this year and the crowds were great! Went to the MAgic Kingdom on the Sunday before Valentine's Day. It did get a little more crowded in the afternoon, but not too bad. There are some cheerleader events at the Studios - pay attention to what days and avoid that park.
    But remember, the weather is really nice, but you really need to be prepared for it to be REALLY CHILLY in the evenings!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I went in February last year. I enjoyed it very much. The lines are usually short and the weather is nice. Of course, anything above freezing for me is nice. Take advantage of the time and enjoy it. Sure seems much different when you go at a different time.

-Scott
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!