Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Silhouette in Castle Window? in the Ask The Experts forums; Moved to Ask the Experts from Secrets... Maybe I was under the Disney spell waiting for the Wishes fireworks show to start, but I could have sworn I saw a ...
    glistensound2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Silhouette in Castle Window?

Moved to Ask the Experts from Secrets...

Maybe I was under the Disney spell waiting for the Wishes fireworks show to start, but I could have sworn I saw a person's silhouette in one of the castle's upper windows. It looked like a cutout of a person, because it didn't move.

Maybe it was my imagination, but if you've ever seen the awesome multimedia tour of Walt's Disneyland apartment they mention things like why a Victorian lamp is left lit in his window all the time to symbolize Walt watching over. They also said they switch it out with a small Christmas tree at the holidays.

http://www.ocregister.com/multimedia/disneyapartment/

Could the silhouette be symbolic of Walt watching over the Magic Kingdom? I had read somewhere that they built an apartment in the second floor of the Cinderella Castle, but it was unfinished because Walt died before the opening. I also read that at one point they toyed with the idea of having a few rooms for rent in the castle but the project was scrapped because they couldn't figure out how to keep guests out of the park at night.

Anyone know about the silhouette? Maybe a cast member would know.
    -Mark,
    Fine Art Photographer & Digital Storyteller
    Vacation Photo to Canvas Prints
    FinePhotoGraphics.com

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    I don't know about the silhouette but I do know that there is an apartment up there. It is just used for storage now. I had a friend who worked at CRT and she went up there a few times. I'll see if I can find out anything about the silhouette.

Silhouette Area Picture

Thanks Sara,

Would appreciate any info. Below is a picture where I've circled the window in question. Perhaps a CM would know if there is anything even behind that window. Obviously there is a light on in there at night.

Not sure if you're referring to what I hear was a 2nd floor apartment that was to be Walt's. This window was way higher (as you can see).

Ill see if I can see it in anyone else's Wishes photos.

THanks!
    -Mark,
    FinePhotoGraphics.com

OK, maybe I imagined it or perhaps it was my angle from the Rose Garden. I don't see a silhouette from any other evening shot of the castle. Would still be interested in any other info (if there is any). Maybe there is some way Disney World commemorates Walt overseeing the park.
    -Mark,
    FinePhotoGraphics.com

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Don't worry, it's probably just Walt's ghost.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney