Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Space Mountain "cookie"? in the Ask The Experts forums; Here is a copy of an email sent to me by a reader. Thought you would like to see it and comment if you like: I would like to know ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Space Mountain "cookie"?

Here is a copy of an email sent to me by a reader. Thought you would like to see it and comment if you like:

I would like to know if the asteroid in Space Mountain is really a chocolate chip cookie or if this is a myth.

My response:

Thank you for your email.

I chuckled a bit when I read it, as this has been a long-standing rumor, and for some reason, one that people often ask me about.

The asteroid has often been referred to as a chocolate chip cookie, and there have been a number of sites that state that Imagineers used an actual cookie as a model while filming. Among other items, I have read Cast Member literature which set out to clear up the myth. Although it does look suspiciously like a cookie, it is not. (However, there are multiple Snickers bars in Test Track. Just kidding!!!)

Hope that helps, and didn't take away from any of the "magic". But hey, that's how the "cookie crumbles." (hahaha)

-Lou
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder

Your book...

That was a cute reply. Do you get many emails like that? Is your book all multiple choice fun or does it include chapters of interesting info like that?
    Last edited by LaBretonne2002; 08-17-2004 at 09:34 PM. Reason: left something out

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    You'd be surprised at some of the emails I get

But I respond to them all personally and promptly, as I appreciate that people come to me and the site for help and advice.

The book is all multiple choice, with paragraph-length decriptive answers at the back of each chapter.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Jonas_Swe is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi!

There must be tons of rumors and Urban Legends around WDW...
    BTW, have you ever checked that site Urban Legends.com

Disney has it's own huge chapter on the site...
    But most of it is really wierd stuff though....
    Jonas_Swe

2005: Walt Disney World - First Time!
    Wilderness Lodge - 10 days
    Boardwalk Inn - 10 Days
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'September 19, 2005 9:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=black> Countdown to my First WDW Vacation </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'WDW here I come!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>