Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Pal Mickey? in the Ask The Experts forums; Originally Posted by the7thAve I think I would rather spend $15 on the WDW Trivia Book, and then $15 on a normal plush Mickey. No need to spend $15 on ...
    Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve
    I think I would rather spend $15 on the WDW Trivia Book, and then $15 on a normal plush Mickey.
    No need to spend $15 on Lou's book! You can purchased a personally autographed version right here for $9.99! WHAT A BARGAIN!!!!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    ^^ New ad campaign manager!
    They call me "Nana"

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    No need to spend $15 on Lou's book! You can purchased a personally autographed version right here for $9.99! WHAT A BARGAIN!!!!
    I actually did get it from here for $9.99, I just thought I'd put $15 b/c I think that's what it says on the cover. still a bargain...

If we can dream it, we can do it

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    ^^ New ad campaign manager!
    Wrong thread! lol

kellpooh is offline C-Ticket Holder
    He is a lot of fun. But there are times when he "talks too much". But its a fun thing when waiting in line. I would not recommend buying him on EBAY unless you have done a ton of business with a person selling one. I bought one on EBAY for $30 and he didn't work. But the Manager at Zawadi in AKL was nice enough to give me a new one.
    kellpooh

Hi-Q 1979
    Off Site 1986
    Off Site 1994
    Off Site 1998
    All Star Sports July 2001
    All Star Movies Jan. 2002
    All Star Sports Oct 2003
    Wilderness Lodge Oct 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Oct 2005
    All Star Sports April 2009

"Officially" Engaged by Cinderella's Castle 2009
    Wedding Pavilion for our Ceremony 2/27/10
    Grand Floridian for the Reception
    Polynesian for our Honeymoon

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by kellpooh
    He is a lot of fun. But there are times when he "talks too much". But its a fun thing when waiting in line. I would not recommend buying him on EBAY unless you have done a ton of business with a person selling one. I bought one on EBAY for $30 and he didn't work. But the Manager at Zawadi in AKL was nice enough to give me a new one.
    That was cool considering how much he cost

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I bought mine off of ebay and he was new in the box. He worked fine. We most enjoyed him at Epcot in the World Showcase (where we attended a special event at Walt Disney World.)
    They call me "Nana"

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    My Pal Mickey joined our family 2 years ago at Christmas. When we were eating at the Rose and Crown, all of a sudden when the room was unusually quiet, PM yells, "The British are coming! The British are Coming!" I learned to turn him off when going into quiet areas. I found that he's rather heavy to carry around. I nearly lost him the first ride I went on. He fell off my belt in MS. After that, I made a harness for him and he clips onto a lanyard and rests on my purse. I will have to check into getting him updated my next trip. I didn't know that was possible. I didn't take him to Disneyland Paris because I didn't want to carry him around in case he didn't work. I forgot to check his batteries before going to the park in Oct. and found out too late that his batteries had died. Batteries are replaceable, but you need a screwdriver.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

CampgroundPixie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    A friend of mine has one that we all enjoyed at Epcot one day. He was quite hysterical for the day, but I wouldn't want one all the time. He is heavy. And I'm very ticklish, so everytime he vibrated because he had something to say, I usually ended up jumping and yelling. He is extremely talkative at Epcot! He vibrated at least once in every country, sometimes two or three times. He had a lot of trivia to share, but he had just as many really bad kiddie jokes. I had enough of him after about an hour and a half and passed him on to someone else in the group.
    Aimee

ky71 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    We used Pal-Mickey in May 2005. Purchased him at Animal Kingdom and used him for 8 days at all parks. It was fantastic to have reminders of shows and tidbits of info - we would have waited ages to see the Lion King show but with Mickeys reminder-we happened to just walk in 5 min. prior to showtime. His batteries only just started to die by the time we finished our holiday. With two children squeezing his hand constantly, he was well worth the price paid. We live in Australia and hope to visit again in 2006 so will be bringing him back (with fresh batteries)!

BryanFykes is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Bought PM in September, my advice and observations-

We downloaded a certificate online that fot us a free pin with him to commemorate HCOE, but i dont think they are available anymore.

Make sure you turn him on after you take him out of the box. he is in a "demo" mode in the display box, so he wont work right, right away. we could squeeze his hands and he would talk, but said the same 2 or 3 things over and over. we knew from a friend of mine who is a current CM that the RFID sensor is in his nose, so we were walking along pointing him in all directions. after 2 hours of him not shaking or talking to us, i took our Anti-social PM back to the Camera Shop in MK and told them it didnt work. they couldnt figgure it out, until a fellow guest took it, ripped him open (he's velcro-ed up his back) and switched it from demo to on. he didnt shut up after that.

after Wishes, when the park was obviously closing, he continuously shouted that there were no lines at all of the major attractions... must have been a glitch that day, because ours wasnt the only one, and he didnt do it a couple of days later when we went for Wishes again.

As for the belt clip situation, he now comes with a PM lanyard in the box to replace the belt clip if it doesnt work for you. personally, the Belt clip worked for me. and for those who said that they almost lost him on this or that attraction... isnt that what Disney means when they say to stow all loose objects?

we really enjoyed him, but my one beef is that he has no volume switch. on crowded Main Street USA, you had to hold him up to your ear to hear him, and as in an earlier post, he seems REALLY loud in quiter situations.
    Last edited by BryanFykes; 01-11-2006 at 02:13 AM.

Pirate_Queen is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Too bad they don't make them for DisneyLAND...PM sounds really, really cool!

"To all that come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12