Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Was Peter Pan ever on TV? in the Ask The Experts forums; Was the original Peter Pan movie ever shown on Television after it's release in the theaters in 1953? Was the Disney movie “Peter Pan” shown on television during the 60’s ...
    ckphillips is offline A-Ticket holder

A Peter Pan movie question- ever on TV?

Was the original Peter Pan movie ever shown on Television after it's release in the theaters in 1953?

Was the Disney movie “Peter Pan” shown on television during the 60’s / 70’s???? I remember Disney only released their movies about once every 10-12 years and never showed them on tv. On the otherhand, Disney had a tv show once a week (Sunday night I think) and did occasionally show their own movies. A friend says that he remembers watching the Peter Pan movie every year as a family event. Can anyone help?
    Last edited by ckphillips; 11-07-2005 at 05:11 PM.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    That is a great question! I have no idea but I remember watching Mary Martin play Peter Pan on TV.

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i don't remember ever seeing it on tv in recent years...i have a tape of mary martin somewhere in my parents house.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I don't recall ever seeing Peter Pan on tv. I do know Disney is a little on the stingy side with showing some of their animated films on tv, while others are shown repeatedly.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

i agree, they have certain movies they show over and over while others are rarely on or just not at all.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I don't recall it ever being on television, but these things become fuzzy after awhile. When my boys were young they watched that video over, and over, and over, and over.....

Well, you get the point. If it were on television we wouldn't have realized it because it was on OUR television constantly!
    They call me "Nana"

my little cousin used to come over and watch it all the time at my house...i think he wanted to be peter pan for a while so i always wound up being wendy
    Erica

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I always visualized myself as the croc- he was the best!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock
    They call me "Nana"

who's afraid of a big ole clock!
    Erica

Timon5 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I do remember it on local tv some times a local network outlet would land a deal to show it,But it was a very poor print and full of ads .
    Peter pan would air on sat or sun afternoon during turkey day or christmas
    This was some time after the Disney show had went to the big vault in the sky,
    f you get time check out the tv guides at the library concentrate on the year then narrow to the month test your detective skills. Btw there is a mary martin verison
    Good hunting
    Timon
    Last edited by Timon5; 11-23-2005 at 07:00 PM. Reason: more detail

Belle of WDW is offline A-Ticket holder
    I believe that someone in my family taped the movie from a TV airing when I was very little. I haevn't seen the tape since my first move, however.

drifter is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've ordered a copy on VHS for Christmas because the DVD was very expensive for such an old movie. It's maybe not as widely circulated as the other classics. I have NEVER seen it on TV.

Hi Dvds' cost less here in the states
    many local tv stations are run by private companies Who own stations in many cities that will carry many network servies like abc cbs nbc Fox etc even though they are one company Etc

ck As to your early postTo some what clear things up I do know about the mary mArtin one but the Disney movie vesion Did show up once and awhile on tv