Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss figment'smoose question of the day in the Ask The Experts forums; my brain is overflowing with curiosity so i've decided to start a thread where i can ask all my questions. one a day and hopefully get lots of fun answers. ...
    figment'smoose is offline E-Ticket Holder

figment'smoose question of the day

my brain is overflowing with curiosity so i've decided to start a thread where i can ask all my questions. one a day and hopefully get lots of fun answers.

today's has three (sort of) because there are a couple on the boards that i'm still waiting for responses if anyone has any.

one is in ask the experts with the title "new disney princess"

and one is under resorts and accomadations with the title "tipping"

and without further adieu the question of the day is:

do they still have both kinds of mickey bars, the kind that is vanilla ice cream and covered in chocolate and the kind that has chocolate ice cream ears and nose and eyes etc?

okay todays question fo the day has to do with the beads. i was looking at the laughing place store and saw all the cool beads they had on there, what exactly can you make with them at the parks?

do they still sell those mickey head balloons?

i always wanted one as a kid but i'm allergic to latex so i had to stay really far away from them. alas

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I think I've thrown in my own two cents on your first two Qs (tipping and the M:S one), but the rest of these are new to me, so I'll see what I can do.

-I have only seen the mickey bars with the chocolate shell over vanilla. i can't remember ever seeing the other ones in the parks, but then again, I can't really afford to buy ice cream there. Although I have purchased one of them off of an ice cream truck back home in CT... dunno if that helps you at all though.

-don't know anything about beads... sorry!

-the mickey head balloons (not the aluminuminuminuminum ones with the face, but the colored rubber ones with ears) are kind of an antique thing. I have seen them sold at MK three times in the past few months, but more often than not I only see the aluminuminuminum ones. I have spoken with a couple balloon vendors on MSUSA, and was told that there really is no rhyme or reason to when they sell those ones, and it's more along the lines of "hey look, we found another package of the old ones... let's sell 'em!"
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    I only remember getting the kind with chocolate ice cream ears at the grocery store as a kid. I honestly don't remember ever seeing them at the parks. In fact I don't even know if they are still in grocery stores. I loved those. I'm going to have to look the next time.

hmmm i'm surprised you haven't seen them at the parks. my dad and i always went to get ice cream and he always got the chocolate covered one and i got the other one because you could see mickey's face and i liked that better.

and question for today is. . .

how long do they keep the holiday decorations up now?

i know when i was younger they would still be up in january but i wasn't sure if they still left them up that long.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    - I have only been to WDW once in the pre-holiday season (early/mid Dec 2001), and only once shortly after (Jan 16th 2005, it was a day trip), so I may not be the best one to answer this, but I'll try. I can tell you for sure that the holiday decorations are up from the midde of november (now), through at least the end of december. As for how long they might keep them up into January, I don't know. All I do know is when I was there on January 16th of this year, there were no holiday decorations to be seen.
    -Don-

just wanted to let you know that they now also sell a yummy Mickey head ice cream sandwich where the face of Mickey is very visable!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    just wanted to let you know that they now also sell a yummy Mickey head ice cream sandwich where the face of Mickey is very visable!
    Oh yeah! I'd forgotten all about that! Like I said, i don't normally have the $$ to spend on snacks on my trips. I do love ice cream sandwiches though... someday i'm going to have to give in and have myself one of those!
    -Don-

GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...
    foe the mickey head ballons i have one and it is old. my dad got it when he was young. but the sad thing is the bottom ripped
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

-Yeah, that's a problem with the older balloons (even though they're way cooler than the aluminuminuminum ones). They tend to have issues... or "conditions" as we called them one day. About two months ago, myself, MommytoMJM and family, and Talkinghands and hubby stumbled upon a balloon vendor selling the old ones. In fact, come to think of it, it was the same vendor as the one in my avatar (you can't tell from this pic, but she was pretty cute, I promise! ). But I digress. Anywho... Three balloons were purchased, and within an hour or so all three had developed some form of "ear condition." No, not air conditioning... an ear condition. One or both of the ears began to deflate at a slow but steady rate. I dunno... maybe it had something to do with them being old. I don't remember rapidly deflating balloons when I was a had my own as a wee squirt. But then again, it has been a while back since I last got a Mickey balloon. Perhaps I just don't remember it how it was.
    -Don-

yippee i'm excited to try the new ice cream sandwich!

i'm glad and not glad about the balloons. it's good that i don't have to worry about my allergy and using the epi or anything but kind of sad that that memory might not be there. oh well. lots of new ones to make.

today's question:

we're staying on property at the contemporary, we won't have a car. is there any easy way to go any place off property if we would want to? like if we wanted to check out character premiere or anything like that?

Quote Originally Posted by figment'smoose
    yippee i'm excited to try the new ice cream sandwich!

i'm glad and not glad about the balloons. it's good that i don't have to worry about my allergy and using the epi or anything but kind of sad that that memory might not be there. oh well. lots of new ones to make.

today's question:

we're staying on property at the contemporary, we won't have a car. is there any easy way to go any place off property if we would want to? like if we wanted to check out character premiere or anything like that?
    I would have to say that your only option would be to take a taxi...and if there isn't one waiting outside the Contemporary (which usually there are some) you can have the conceirge call for one.

have forgotten my questions when i've gone to post the past few days so here are a couple. . .

- are there any photo booths (the kind that have the strips of pictures) anywhere at WDW or anything like them?

- we want to get the pins that we can get our names on, we both have unusual names so will need to get them engraved. we started thinking about it and wanted to get ones with our camp names on them as well but then i thought i remembered something about how they won't engrave or embroider anything but proper names or something. anyone know what i'm talking about?

- anyone know what if any kind of candy they have for sale in the UK pavilion? (i love british chocolate)

- i'm getting a new car, i've seen the figment antenna topper, and the suction cup dangler thing, anything else figment for a car that anyone knows about?

that's all for now, thanks for your help.

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    I might be making this up in my head but I think a few of the resorts, maybe the polynesian?? have the photo booths. I believe they are the kind that take your picture and turn it into a drawing. I'm not positive.

I've never tried to get anything engraved but I know they only take proper names at the embroidery shops.

They have lots of British Chocolate in the stores. They are filled with Cadbury goodness.

I'm not sure what figment stuff they have for cars. Probably a license plate holder and I think one of those window cling things where he is drawn in white.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast