Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Streetmosphere Character names? in the Ask The Experts forums; I absolutely love the streetmosphere characters at the parks! I found a site (Steve Soares' WDW live entertainment page) that lists many (most?...all?) of the streetmosphere characters at the Magic ...
    MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!

Streetmosphere Character names?

I absolutely love the streetmosphere characters at the parks!

I found a site (Steve Soares' WDW live entertainment page) that lists many (most?...all?) of the streetmosphere characters at the Magic Kingdom. However, he makes no mention (other than some old pictures) of the characters over at MGM. I was hoping maybe someone would know some of the streetmosphere characters from MGM by name so that I can address them or refer to them better, instead of by using a weak discription of how they were dressed.

Also, regarding the ones Steve has listed at MK, I have heard one or more of those characters, like the mayor for example, called by at least two different names, and I figured that these characters probably change over time as the CMs that play them come and go. Does anyone know if the names currently listed on Steve's site (http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/) are the ones currently used by the characters at the park? I know the best way to confirm this is to go up and try to get autographs and pictures, but there are so many of them, and they don't all work the same days, so it's difficult to see more than maybe 4 or 5 at a park on a given day.

If anyone has any information on these character personalities, I'd love to hear more about them. Thanks!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    the guy in the overalls in the pic is named Skip Toomaloo, and the guard is Captain Edwynn Sideman

the other ones I know of is
    Priscilla, geeky girl from the midwest
    Roman Holiday, an older movie actor with really bad hair, wears a purple vest
    Darly Debbie, child actor, pink dress
    Stone Granite (THE BEST!) wears a blue suit, orange tie, sunglasses
    Francis Floot, Sara Besque's boyfriend
    Sara Besque She wears the navy-type dress, and is a receptionist
    Mayor Witherspoon (he has also left Streetmosphere)
    Perry Blade, the Zorro lookalike (another of my favorites)
    The Great H.P. a mind reader/hustler from New York
    Myron Sneldenberger, he was an apprentice writer, he has left streetmosphere
    Gracie, the ditzy blonde starlet, red dress
    M. Dante, he's the movie director (I don't know if he's still with the cast or not)
    Betsy Berkely, she was a tap dancer who wore orange, she left Streetmosphere, and does shows at the Hoop Dee Doo review now
    Shelby Mayer, he's the very rich guy who hangs out with M. Dante

--that's all I know of

unfortunately, the two pics of streetmosphere characters I had were bad, so I only have the dress discriptions
    Last edited by The_Heat; 11-21-2005 at 07:48 PM.
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    I just saw three more at MGM yesterday (pictures to come when i get home and upload them to my PC). One of them gave me her name when i went to go speak to her... Fanny O'Rear. Another was a plumber or sewer worker or something. He had a plunger stuck to his cheek, and two more on his belt. The back of his hard hat read "Frankie". The 3rd character I saw while waiting for the hollywood Holly-Day Parade, as he was doing a sketch with Fanny. She kept repeating his last name, but I didn't write it down right away and forgot it within a few minutes.
    -Don-

AimeeBelle is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Scoop Sanderson is still accurate for the Ace Reporter of the Main Street Gazette. However, since Sanderson is his real last name, I would assume that once he leaves or moves on, the reporter would have a different name.

He can often be spotted taking his wooden dogs, Butterscotch and Licorice for a walk. If you have a chance to speak with him, ask him to tell you is Rindercella story!!!
    Aimee

I've heard the Rindercella story! I almost fell over I was laughing so hard. Next time I'm going to see if I can record it and try to learn it for myself.
    -Don-

Ok, here's Fanny O'Rear, Hollywood Librarian, and some other fellow whos name I do not know.

And here's Frankie (last name unknown)... not a great pic, but oh well.
    -Don-

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    ^if I'm not mistaken, the other guy is Shelby Mayer
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

Dumbogal is offline Sarcasm - Just another free service I offer..

Scoop Sanderson is still accurate for the Ace Reporter of the Main Street Gazette. However, since Sanderson is his real last name, I would assume that once he leaves or moves on, the reporter would have a different name.

The cast member who portrays Scoop Sanderson does not share the same last name in the real world, so i would assume that if he were to ever move on - the new actor to take his place (as if - lol) would keep the same name...
    Dizpinfriend on VMK

Once she was a lowly housemaid dressed in rags. Now she's got a fairy godmother, she's filthy rich, and she lives in a palace with her dreamboat husband.......It's further proof, that the right shoes CAN change your life!

My own low-tech version of Push!!!

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    i love the streetmosphere characters
    i'll post my pictures
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

hope these pictures are ok looking on here

i love fanny o rear
    Last edited by kylewhit89; 03-14-2007 at 05:25 PM.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

the girl in the fur coat
    i think she said her name was Holly Wood ??? (not sure)

and those ladies in that car thing
    i don't know them