Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Stitch's Great Escape? in the Ask The Experts forums; Could anyone just tell me some details on what "Stitch's Great Escape" is like? Last time I went to WDW in summer '04, it was still in the works. I'd ...
    WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Question Stitch's Great Escape?

Could anyone just tell me some details on what "Stitch's Great Escape" is like? Last time I went to WDW in summer '04, it was still in the works. I'd rather know what happens at the attraction before even getting on it and getting scared the daylight out of me of not knowing. If anyone has the details about this attraction, I'd appreciate that. If you don't want the whole world to know, just send a private message. Thanks and have a great day!
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    It is not all that it is hyped up to be. Did you ever get to ride Alien Encounter?

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TrendyMagic
    It is not all that it is hyped up to be. Did you ever get to ride Alien Encounter?

??... Is it very similar to Alien Encounter?

If so, it is not worth doing. Niether of us liked Alien Enconter!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    Its worse than alien encounter in that it is very scared down. If u dont put ur head back, its like ur in a room that gets dark and a creature is seen then not seen. The preshow is kinda cute but thats it
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    ... It looks like we'll be missing that then!!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

It isn't as "scary" as the Alien Encounter, but it is along the same lines as far as what and how things happen. Let's put it this way....we had FP's for it and when we went back later the line wasn't that long so we went right in, we never ended up using our FP's to see it again and do not plan on ever seeing it again. It is the only thing at WDW that I have no desire to ever do again. That being said....I feel that everyone should experience everything at least once and draw their own conclusion!

So pretty much, it's not much different from Alien Encounter. He still comes around & so? I never have been on Alien Encounter, it's bad enough on "Honey! I Shrunk The Audience" attraction where the mice come out, but I can deal w/ that (I've always had the technique of tucking my legs in and putting the booksack in front me or just not going on the attraction at all if I can avoid it). Thanks to everyone who responded. I'll make sure to notify my family about it. THANKS!!!
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Hey I like Stitch Great Escape I will agree it is very scared down a lot. I think because it Stitch and not some creature coming around and scaring you half to death. But I liked it. The Stitch look so real it took my BF a few seconds to realize that there was no little person in a Stitch costume and that he was AA figure. But I say go judge for yourself you may or may not like it.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

JEV4 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Everyone has thier likes and dislikes.
    I just love World of Warcraft.

BryanFykes is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I dont see what the Big Venom that everybody has against Stitch. Ailen Encounter was a great scary dark attraction. When i worked down there, i would go on it once or twice a week, just to see the reactions of the guests. I had a buddy that worked Tomorrowland attractions, but she usually worked Space Mtn. When she got the opportunity, she would work over there, and loved the gangway sequence, where you walk above the guests. I always wanted to do that...

That being said, I like the new attraction. they certainly lessend the scare factor, and made it kind of cute. the Stitch AA is Awesome, IMHO the best AA on property. things change down there folks, we'd be upset if Disney didnt put in new and exciting things from time to time. they cant go and add new buildings to the parks everytime a new attraction is warranted, so things must go. Hey, I was ****** when Toad left Fantasyland... it was the first ride i ever remember going on, and i was hoping to put my kids on it some day (thank god he's still at Disneyland). but my kids will love Pooh's ride (in fact, i took my 16 month old this past Sept, and she loved it... she yelled "whee" the whole time.) the time may come 30 years from now when Pooh has to go to make way for soem other creature yet to be created, and folks will be ****** to see that one go...

Treat Stitch like a new attraction, and you wont be dissapointed.

oh, and BTW... they best be glad they didnt remove Skippy... I would have gone postal if they had. i am mad that they dont sell Skippy Merchandise anymore, anybody else?

I have another question: Does Stitch come out and "touch" you? I know he spits on you (saw that on the WDW Christmas thanks to Kelly Ripa). I'm not against it, but I'm chicken when it comes to rides that have air "touching" you. Thanks!!
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    No, stitch never "touches you" he might jump on your head (you can feel the shoulder bar thingie press on your shoulders) but that's it. Oh, & he burps, which is very disgusting!!!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Big Cheese is offline B-Ticket Holder
    It's made so it feels like he's stepping on your shoulders trying to escape.( a very mild up& down of the shoulder restraints)
    The kids & I thought it was a pretty tame & mild attraction. The animatronic stitch is really, really good to watch though!
    Give it a try.
    TheBIGGEST,Little kid in the O Family!
    DISNEY ROCKS!
    WDW Dec. 75 - offsite
    WDW June 88 - Honeymoon, offsite
    WDW Feb. 2001 - All Star Sports
    WDW Dec. 2002 - All Star Music
    Disneyland April 2003 - offsite
    WDW Dec. 2005 - POP Century
    WDW Feb. 2007 - All Star Sports
    WDW Feb. 2008 - All Star Sports
    WDW Oct. 2009 - Caribbean Beach
    WDW Feb 2010 All Star Music
    WDW June. 2011 POP Century

AlecTronic is offline Fear The Ears
    Stitch's Great Escape? More like Stitch's Great Mistake.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Mickey
    No, stitch never "touches you" he might jump on your head (you can feel the shoulder bar thingie press on your shoulders) but that's it. Oh, & he burps, which is very disgusting!!!

I agree the burp leave a nasty smell in your nose for a long time.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast