Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Contemporary + Monorails in the Ask The Experts forums; Monorail with diesel engines along with electric rails!? Wow.....we do have mighty big imaginations here. No, there is no extra noise from the monorails apart from the whoosh of them ...
    disneytourguide is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Monorail with diesel engines along with electric rails!? Wow.....we do have mighty big imaginations here. No, there is no extra noise from the monorails apart from the whoosh of them passing by, but you can't forget, they limit the speed of the trains as they pass through. So, no worries about that. As for a diesel tug.....Makes sense, although I cant quite figure out where they might hide extra couplers for them. ......by the way..MY FIRST REPLY! lol

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Didn't the older trains have huge exhaust chutes on the rooves front and back cars?

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i've never stayed at the contemporary either but i have been there numerous times and we've never noticed any noise or vibrations...it's cool to be in the gift shop or lobby area and see the monorail whooshing through!
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    Well, I can tell you this, don't walk under them when it is raining and you are wearing a white shirt!!!!
    WDW is NOT the place for you and your wet t-shirt contests Lara!!!!

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Quote Originally Posted by disneytourguide
    Monorail with diesel engines along with electric rails!? Wow.....we do have mighty big imaginations here. No, there is no extra noise from the monorails apart from the whoosh of them passing by, but you can't forget, they limit the speed of the trains as they pass through. So, no worries about that. As for a diesel tug.....Makes sense, although I cant quite figure out where they might hide extra couplers for them. ......by the way..MY FIRST REPLY! lol
    Here's a picture of one of the pintel hooks from one of Disneylands trains...I'll have to try and remember to get a similar photo of WDW's next time I'm there.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    wait, what was that hook for?
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Quote Originally Posted by tjcoolgirl15
    wait, what was that hook for?
    The pintel hooks are for the diesel tugs to hook onto and pull the trains into a sattion (or back to the monorail barn) in the event of a mechanical failure, or for that matter a power failure.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

esigsby is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Last edited by esigsby; 02-14-2007 at 06:30 PM.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I have stayed at the Contemporary but we were in one of the garden wings or whatever they are called. Never really noticed the monorails going thru. HAve eaten at Chef Mickey's and never noticed it either.

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    You know, i have stayed there and eaten at chef mickeys and i havnt had any problems with it eathier lol and im the one who thought about one of the problems oh well. Its great having those monorails, they do so much
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

Princess Sarah is offline Fastpass Holder
    I've stayed at he Contemporary...by far my favorite of the 3 I've stayed in. Tampa, try going to the observation deck on the...4th floor, I believe....maybe. The monorail goes RIGHT over your head...it's awesome. scared me when I first saw it because I wasn't expecting it...nor was I expecting the morning greeter in the form of a duck we named Earl outside of our room (Garden View room) one morning...we fed him Goldfish crackers
    You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
    -Randy Pausch

University of South Carolina '11
    We hail thee, Carolina...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12