Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss CMs in WDW... in the Ask The Experts forums; Here's another question submitted to the site:, from a visitor named Carly : i have a question what was the on thing that disney workers were forbidden to wear untill ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

CMs in WDW...

Here's another question submitted to the site:, from a visitor named Carly:

i have a question what was the on thing that disney workers were forbidden to wear untill the year 2000 get back to me soon

My first impulse, having not researched this at all (I'm packing and sleepy), was sunglasses. Someone else (dznynut) said it may be pins (other than those on their nametags) which also made perfect sense.

Can anyone confirm what it is?

Thanks!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Here's another question submitted to the site:, from a visitor named Carly:

i have a question what was the on thing that disney workers were forbidden to wear untill the year 2000 get back to me soon

My first impulse, having not researched this at all (I'm packing and sleepy), was sunglasses. Someone else (dznynut) said it may be pins (other than those on their nametags) which also made perfect sense.

Can anyone confirm what it is?

Thanks!

I sointenly can it is a moustache !! but they can't grow it on duty, they have to do it over vacation.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    What tiggerguy said. Note that sunglasses have been allowed for ages (if not always) for CMs working outdoors. Mirrored glasses are prohibited, as are any that are so dark you cannot see the CM's eyes behind the glass.

UV protection is very important in the Florida sun!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Wow... What did they do in the 70s and 80s? When every guy had the big muttonchops, moustaches, and Studio-54-style-Ponch-from-CHiPS-style sunglasses?

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder
    of course we had to follow Disney's strict grooming guidelines. I worked Dl just around '70. Of course we had to keep our hair groomed, etc. Ah the stories I could tell of the guests who, also had to conform to a certain dress code (the no-bra look was completely forbidden!) who tried to "beat the system"
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!