Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Pal Mickey in the Ask The Experts forums; :mickey: Does anyone own a Pal Mickey or at least rented one? I think I want to buy one in October, but $60 is a lot of money. Any opinions ...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

Pal Mickey

:mickey: Does anyone own a Pal Mickey or at least rented one? I think I want to buy one in October, but $60 is a lot of money.

Any opinions about it?

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    think you rent on for $8 a day to see if you really like it.

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    It looks like fun let us know how you like it if you get it!

I got this off the All Ears site:

Where you'll find it: Pal Mickey is available at resorts and selected theme park gift shops.

Pal Mickey is available in Spanish at these locations: Main Street Cinema - Magic Kingdom; Darkroom - Disney-MGM Studios; Camera Center Epcot; Disney Outfitters - Disney's Animal Kingdom; Once Upon A Toy Downtown Disney Marketplace for sale only, not rental.

How much it costs: Pal Mickey may be rented for $8/day plus tax. When you rent Pal Mickey, a Cast Member will charge your credit card with a $60 deposit. If you return Pal Mickey before noon the following day, the $60 deposit will be refunded and you will be charged $8 plus tax. (You may also rent Pal Mickey for several days: $16 plus tax/two days, $24 plus tax/three days, $32 plus tax/four, five or six days). If you decide you want to buy Pal Mickey instead, he costs $56.33 plus tax (in other words, $60). Should you want to keep Pal Mickey after you've rented him, your $60 deposit will be used as the total purchase price.

LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Is Pal Mickey worth the money? Also, is there a website that gives a demonstration on what he does. I would like to know what kind of info it gives and hear his voice.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I'm buying one in october, so I post a full detailed review and a sound clip once I get back.

Here is a link to Pal Mickey that lists what he does at each of the parks.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...age&print=true
    Last edited by Stitch; 08-18-2004 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Added Pal Mickey Link

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I bought a pal Mickey last year when they came out and I loved it. Also when we went back this year we took it where they are sold and everything was updated for free.

Crzy4Dzny is offline A-Ticket holder
    We have a Pal Mickey too and love it. Got it last year. It wouldn't do anything at first, so thought I got a dud, but when I went into a store to see if I could exchange it, she said that it wasn't programed. Did it right there. What was fun, is lots of people came up and asked us about it. That was fun.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I got a Pal Mickey last summer, and he's a lot of fun. Especially if you have 6 -14 year olds or a sense of humor around that age.

Mickey sounds like Mickey, and while in the parks he reacts to transmitters hidden all over the place. When he detects one, he giggles and shakes. Squeeze his tummy to hear what he has to say: trivia, park facts, jokes, parade/show coming, etc.

He also tells jokes on demand (just squeeze) and plays 3 games. These work both in the parks and when you get him home. The jokes are very corny - real groaners.

I brought him along on my trip in May - saw quite a few adults w/o kids carrying him around. He'll come along again next week - I'll have to see about the updates then.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!

Question

Call me weird,but WHAT'S A "PAL MICKEY"? I've never heard of it and when I got on this site,i've seen it mentioned alot! Can anyone describe "him"?
    Izzy

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleGurl
    Call me weird,but WHAT'S A "PAL MICKEY"? I've never heard of it and when I got on this site,i've seen it mentioned alot! Can anyone describe "him"?

For more indepth info, try http://allearsnet.com/tp/pal.htm

I have one. He's basically about a 10 inch plush Mickey that is interactive throughout the parks and at home. For example if you ride the Haunted Mansion, Pal Mickey knows you are there and will say stuff about the Mansion. He even tailors his somewhat corny jokes for the are of the park you are in. His nose acts as a sensor so he knows where he is at.

He also lets you know where characters are, parade times, etc.

He'll also play games away from the parks. They sell home all over WDW, every resorts and usually 1-2 places in each Theme Park. He's been around for well over a year now.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    I know he was there in Summer 2003, but as I didn't know what a Pal Mickey was, I thought it was just an outragesouly priced stuffed animal...go figure, an expensive item at WDW...
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!

Talking

I get it,I've seen it and didn't know it was the amazing Pal Mickey. It sounds cute!!! Thanks Mandabella!
    Izzy

LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder

Arrow Arrangements for Pal Mickey

Sounds like Pal Mickey is great! Is there any way I can arrange to have pal mickey sent to our room so it's there when we get there with a note from Mickey (or a nice cast member saying welcome to the park) ? If so, how can I arrange it? Is it worth the money or is there a better souvenir I should save and spurge on instead of the pal mickey?

Thanks.

FrumiousBoojum is offline A-Ticket holder
    Rumor is that they've been using the Pal Mickey to track guests in the park, as well. They have tracking that shows when each goes off, so it's been used as a tool to track how guests travel through the parks -- what they've apparently found is that most guests with one will go straight to Mickey's Toontown Fair for a visit with Mickey first thing in the morning. So, these statisics will eventually determine times when events go on, what times things should be open, etc. Seems like the data can be a little too sketchy, though. But that's just my opinion.

-Tim