Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Ride Videos? in the Ask The Experts forums; So I have watched a few ride videos that have been posted the last couple of days. Are people allowed to bring video cameras on these rides? Or is that ...
    Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...

Ride Videos?

So I have watched a few ride videos that have been posted the last couple of days.
    Are people allowed to bring video cameras on these rides? Or is that kind of like pirating, when you bring a camera into a movie.

Also if they are allowed, is there any good sites where I can find alot of videos, especially Soarin?

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

ru42 is offline Disneyland/Photo Moderator - DWT West Coast Division
    30 minutes from my front door to Mickey's front door; Disneyland
    Bringing a camera on most rides is allowable and is not pirating or illegal in any way. However, there are a few rides that Disney requests no video taping - one of those being Soarin.

RU

Check out my new DVDs on MY NEW SITE

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Thanks so much!

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

disneytourguide is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Technically Disney is very lenient towards video taping. Ive taped Mission Space, Test Track, RNR, Tower of Terror, Expedition Everest, and .... I think thats about it. Along with hundreds more pictures. Yes Soarin is excluded, but you can get away with taping it...just do it stealthly..namly turning on the camera after you get lifted into the air. Least thats how I've taped it Actually I filmed the queue video to Soarin and the one of the load members made sure to ruin it by "Please remember no video recorded...etc is allowed onboard the ride" annoyed me but it was his job so I cant blame him.

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    If there is one thing I have almost literally been searching for my entire life, is ride throughs. But, in my next trip, I am going to try and video-tape as MUCH as I can. The one site I found had LOTS of videos but you have to pay in advance for them.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Is that wdwmagic.com? or have you tried www.bigfloridacountry.com and www.intercot.com has a few videos...but they are old. ANd keep searching..there are hundreds of free videos out there.....I think www.wdwinfo.com has some too.I'd send you my personal videos...but...I have dial up.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    I believe that Disney is OK with you filming on most rides.

It is sensible to note though, that it is at your own risk as regards to loss or damage to your recording equipment should this happen for whatever reason.
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

marni1971 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Nope - TWDC will attempt to prevent you from filming any attraction where you may breach copyright or endanger another guest. They mau not succeed. but will try. I`ve had problems on Space Mountain (WDW & Paris 1&2), CoP, Ellen, Body Wars, HISTA, American Adventure, Impressions de France, Star Tours, RnRC, MV3D, ToT and ITTBAB. Thankfully I`ve got them all now!

Don`t forget Disney Central IRC / BT has almost every attraction ever at WDW / DLP and a lot of DLC for free download!

Yeah...in general its where films are played where you might find trouble. Copyrights and all that. And definetly if you choose to film...better have a neck or arm strap around it just in case. That and its best to use a camcorder for video....my digital camera is very poor with videos (but I'm sure you all knew that already).

nickv1025 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've noticed that before most films a CM will say "Please no videotaping or flash photography" I've gotten many other rides on tape though: Space Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Carribbean, Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, TTA, Test Track, Norway, Mexico, Great Movie Ride, Backlot Tour, the front of the Monorail (hehe), Kilamanjaro and many others.

Say what they might.....they are catering to a bunch of tourists (or enthusiaists ) and there is no stopping the throngs of cameras and flashes. However, their main worry is that they dont want any trouble of some careless person dropping their expensive equipment or a very careful person having a slight lapse in attention doing the same. In other words...disney doesn't want any more headaches.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    If you like WDW ride and show videos, I recommend the Relive the Magic 18 DVD set. They have every show and attraction on them. I've posted a full review of the DVDs in the "Ask Lou" section of the articles. You can also learn more about them and see samples by clicking here
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

wmxxmsg is offline C-Ticket Holder
    The only time I can recall Disney having a problem with taping a ride is when I was on Star Tours. The guy next to me was taping and after a couple of announcements, they had to stop the ride and tell this guy. He didn't understand the announcements because he was Japanese.

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    And then there's what Lou mentioned. The thing is, it's $149! I keep asking the parents if they'll get it for me for my b-day! I don't want to spend $149 of my own money! lol
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Relive the Magic sounds nice....but my camera is much more affordable

And you gotta love them asian tourists, so naive yet excitable (Yes I'm Asian by birth so I'm not making any racist comments here)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast