Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss No video taping rides at WDW in the Ask The Experts forums; I am trying to compile a list of what rides do not allow video taping for each of the Parks. So, if you know of a ride that expressly forbids ...
    ru42 is offline Disneyland/Photo Moderator - DWT West Coast Division
    30 minutes from my front door to Mickey's front door; Disneyland

No video taping rides at WDW

I am trying to compile a list of what rides do not allow video taping for each of the Parks. So, if you know of a ride that expressly forbids video taping, can you please post them here.

Many thanks for assisting me with this list.

RU

Check out my new DVDs on MY NEW SITE

Dinosaur

Not necessarily a ride.....but you cannot video any part of Muppet's 3-D...even the opeing with the cute little penguins in the orchestra.

_STACEY_ is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Nor can you on Stiches Great Escape, a man started taping the pre show and a cast member came over immediatly and stopped him! You are not supposed to on tower of terror either but i have seen loads of people get away with it!
    WhEn YoU wIsH uPoN a StAr YoUr DrEaMs CoMe TrUe

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    Hong Kong Disney and I guess the Disney Cruise Line won't allow you to record the Golden Mickeys

(not a ride, but close enough, I think)
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

Roofus is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Heat
    Hong Kong Disney and I guess the Disney Cruise Line won't allow you to record the Golden Mickeys

(not a ride, but close enough, I think)
    What exactly is the Golden Mickeys?
    -Tommy-

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    The Golden Mickeys is an award show where Disney characters are all nominees, it's hosted by a woman named Beebee, Mickey and Minnie, it's about a half hour long, and is full of live versions of Disney songs
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Heat
    The Golden Mickeys is an award show where Disney characters are all nominees, it's hosted by a woman named Beebee, Mickey and Minnie, it's about a half hour long, and is full of live versions of Disney songs
    Cool! I want that to come to WDW! Sounds perfect for MGM!

Hiddenmickeyboy is offline Fastpass Holder
    i video tape any attraction i want . if i get caught i say" Oh. I'm sorry. i did not know."Hee-hee-hee.
    I recorded the golden mickeys......I'm bad.
    999,999 score on BLSRS! Galactic Hero!

I love working in the Theme Park Industry!

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    The New Laugh Floor Comedy Club attraction said no video recording when I was there.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by _STACEY_ View Post
    Nor can you on Stiches Great Escape, a man started taping the pre show and a cast member came over immediatly and stopped him! You are not supposed to on tower of terror either but i have seen loads of people get away with it!
    My father videotapes everything...and has taped ToT. We never got asked to stop, so I am not sure if they just didn't see it, or just let it go. My father also taped PotC with his light on. He did this to see the stuff that was going on "Behind the Scenes", if you will, and was asked to shut his light off. It is pretty cool to have videos of the rides and also of some of the dark rides. I don't remember ever being asked to not video tape except on PotC.

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    My father, as well, videotapes a lot of things at WDW. PoTC, TTA, CoP, IASW, you name it. We haven't been asked once to shut off our camera.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnie_Mouse007 View Post
    My father, as well, videotapes a lot of things at WDW. PoTC, TTA, CoP, IASW, you name it. We haven't been asked once to shut off our camera.
    Phew, thought it was just my father. Yeah, neither have we. I think if it is disruptive, then yes of course, but if we aren't bothering anybody then they won't bother us.

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

j.gregston is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was taping Mickey's Philharmagic and was told to turn the light out.... I of course didn't have a light on, but I didn't realize how bright my viewfinder was! I was so embarassed! I closed the viewfinder and put my finger over the eye viewer and kept taping. It was going pretty well till the water they spray you with got my camera wet, and I gave the whole thing up after that. I still want to try to tape that one. I just love it!

J.

CM_Roo is offline A-Ticket holder
    Technically, you aren't really allowed to video tape any of the faster rides (and some slow speed rides and shows), but some attractions are more strict about it than others. And it all depends on the cast members on duty when you show up with your camera rolling. Some are more likely than others to tell you to stop recording.

It's generally a safety issue, but in some cases its to avoid you recording "secret" and copyrighted materials and equipment. (i.e.. No one is allowed to take pictures or video tape the interior of the ride room at Mission: SPACE as this is proprietary technology.)
    Last edited by CM_Roo; 04-18-2007 at 10:36 AM.

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    I tried to tape Body Wars for the short time it was open around Xmas last year. They stopped the ride and made me turn off my camera! :-( booooooooo
    The Goofy Princess