Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss A little clarification? in the Ask The Experts forums; Ok, my little brother got the Magic Kingdom Board Game for Christmas, and there's something truely conspicuous on the front box. The castle listed there is Sleeping Beauty Castle! At ...
    dougitmcnuggit is offline Cedar Point New Coaster '07!!
    Frontiertown, Cedar Point, Sandusky, Ohio, USA

A little clarification?

Ok, my little brother got the Magic Kingdom Board Game for Christmas, and there's something truely conspicuous on the front box. The castle listed there is Sleeping Beauty Castle! At least i think it is. A little help on clarifying here? It really bothers me that they would put the Sleeping Beauty Castle where Cinderella Castle should be.

Thanks,
    -Doug

karamie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    It must be Disneyland's Magic Kingdom and not Disney World's.

Karamie

dougitmcnuggit is offline Cedar Point New Coaster '07!!
    Frontiertown, Cedar Point, Sandusky, Ohio, USA
    Well, i guess you could say that, but only the Magic Kingdom at WDW is actually called "The Magic Kingdom". DLR's version is called "Disneyland".

Plus, they have WDW's Haunted Mansion Facade, so it's obviously supposed to be WDW.
    Last edited by dougitmcnuggit; 02-09-2006 at 11:56 PM.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I never thought of that. Good observation!

Maybe it's just a combination of all the Magic Kingdoms. Because that castle actually looks more like Disneyland Paris's Sleeping Beauty castle... Maybe...

Karamie

Or maybe the designers of the game are just ignorant.

Karamie

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I don't know anything about how the Haunted Mansion at DL Cali looks, so I can't comment on that. But i was under the impression that all of the Disneyland parks were also termed "the Magic Kingdom," which would explain why the one here in florida is often referred to as "Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom." I know that's what they called it in the opening announcement of the 25th Anniversary/Remember the Magic Parade anyway. But I'm pretty sure DLC is known as the Magic Kingdom, as is Paris and Tokyo... and I'm pretty sure that when DLHK was being built that Disney announced the coming of a "new Magic Kingdom." Seeing as all of the MK parks are based on the same basic layout as the original at DLC, I would hazzard a guess that perhaps the game is a generic "Magic Kingdom," not specific to any one Disney location, but rather any and all of them.

Also keep in mind that the castle's names sometimes change, so the name itself isn't too terribly important. If I read correctly, I believe the castle at DLC hasn't always been Sleeping Beauty Castle, and was originally named for Walt's first feature length animated movie, Snow White. The name was changed when Sleeping Beauty was released some time later. At least... that's the way I understand it.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

I went to the official Disneyland website and they never do refer to it as Magic Kingdom, but I'm pretty sure that's what it's still considered.

I agree with you that it is probably a generic Magic Kingdom as opposed to one particular location.

BTW, the Haunted Mansion in California is a big, white mansion. It kind of reminds me of a plantation house.

Karamie

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by karamie
    BTW, the Haunted Mansion in California is a big, white mansion. It kind of reminds me of a plantation house.
    Right on, that was the intention. A Victorian Louisiana-style house.

(Personally, the Disneyland facade never particularly creeped me out. WDW has it in the eerie-ness category.)
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

Very true. Disneyland's looks almost friendly. Not ominous at all.

And though I've never seen it in person, I think Phantom Manor may have both DL and WDW beat in creepiness factor.

Karamie

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I saw Phantom Manor last September. I thought is was less morbid and scary than HM in WDW. I'll check to see if I any decent pics from our trip.

I think the game board is just meant to be generic.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    It seems obvious to me that they want to be able to sell this at least at both US parks if not all the Disney parks around the world so they attempted to make the castle a combination of castle styles, still at first glance it looks more like Disneylands, it's only when you look at the turrets, the flying walkway between the tyrrets, and the add on on the right hand side with the stained glass windows, that you begin to get a sense of the other castles.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    On the gameboard itself, they have the DL "It's a Small World" (with the boats outside the building) right next to "Mickey's Country House" in "ToonTown", and they show Liberty Square. It seems to be mostly designed around WDW, with the castle and the IaSM being more like DL.

I would think Brian's answer about wanting to be able to sell this all over (I got mine off Amazon.com) makes sense. Or else Parker Brothers didn't do their research.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    What is this game? Is it fun? What is the object?

I kinda want one!!!

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Nenny_Mouse is offline Fastpass Holder

I never Realized!

Quote Originally Posted by Shere_Khan
    What is this game? Is it fun? What is the object?

I kinda want one!!!
    OMG! I never realized the castle on the box!!! The game is set up to look like Disney WORLD and the object of the game is to go to 5 attractions (you preselect picture cards of the attractions before the game starts) and then make it out of the park before anyone else. My kids are 6 and 3 and love it! Im 29 and LOVE IT ! its just fun to talk about the different attractions and when we went on them (we were just there in sept, their 1st time ever). I (well santa) bought it at Toys r us. ANother good game is Disney Uno (if yu have kids who love disney like mine do or if yur a crazy disney fan like me!).
    Karen S.K. fellow scrapbooker and disney addict since September 12th, 1985

It all started with a mouse..... and noone in my family can stop it!!!:mickey:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast