Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss question to anyone who knows??? in the Ask The Experts forums; Hello, all. As you can tell this is my first post ever, and I'm rather new to this wonderful site. I'm just really getting into Disney history and trivia, so ...
    bnac is offline E-Ticket Holder

question to anyone who knows???

Hello, all.
    As you can tell this is my first post ever, and I'm rather new to this wonderful site. I'm just really getting into Disney history and trivia, so there is a lot for me to learn. I loved the book and can't wait for the next volume, and I also love the pod casts. Now to the question. I'm sure this question has been answered, but here goes anyway.....

I was born and raised in a suberb of New Orleans and currently reside in Baton Rouge because I'm a student at LSU. I had heard from someone that Southern Louisiana was a proposed home of WDW. Does anyone know if this is true, and is there a story to why WD passed on LA? Also, were there any other proposed locations for WDW?
    -Brian

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

karamie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I think I've heard that rumor as well. I'm not sure how true it is or not, and I don't really know where any other proposed sites for DW were. Sorry I'm not much help!

Karamie

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I know that Walt Disney looked all over the US for the location of Walt Disney World, and FL won out because it had the best option of size. I know he looked at a lot of other locations, can't name all of them, but I'm assuming one reason for LA not being chosen is because of its sea level and size. I know he looked at size, location, growth, how it could work out in the future, and other stuff like that, FL had the best options so it won. :-)
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives