Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Disney World Help!! in the Ask The Experts forums; I'm going to Disney World from March 10th to March 20th (leaving in the morning to come home to Nova Scotia, Canada) . Just wondering if the Easter Parade will ...
    LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder

Smile Disney World Help!!

I'm going to Disney World from March 10th to March 20th (leaving in the morning to come home to Nova Scotia, Canada) . Just wondering if the Easter Parade will be on while I'm there? Do they only have one or thoughout the month?

My son is 11 and has never been to the USA or on a plane (we're from Nova Scotia, Canada) My mom is coming too (she's never been to Florida). My bf is going too. We've been there a long time ago (1994) and a lot has changed. We're really excited about going...

My son is excited about going to Disney. Who wouldn't be?!! What should i do for him for Christmas to get him more excited about the trip? (Still believes in Santa, so far...)

Can I buy Disney Dollars online? Can't buy them here in Canada and the nearest Disney store is 5 hours away anyway...

Pal Mickey? Can someone give me information about what it actually does along with examples?

Rainforest Cafe - How much is the educational tour and is it worth the money?

Dive Quest at Epcot - Anyone go diving in the Disney aquariums? I'd love to know what you though?

Cirque de soleil? Yes or no??

Restaurants and Character Dining? What would you recommend?

All Star Music - what's it like? Worth staying there?

We arrive at the orlando airport at noon (prob get our luggage by 2pm.) What do you recommend we do on our first day?

Are looking for Hidden Mickeys a waste of time?

We're doing Disney and Seaworld. Anyone have some ideas what order we should do the parks?

Any use Birnbaums guide to disney world for kids by kids a waste of money? When does the 2005 book come out? We have Birnbaums guide to WDW 2004 and it's the best. We'll definitely be getting 2005 when it comes out (hope it has the Dive Quest coupon in it and other valuable coupons!) We LOVE Birnbaums!

Anyone have the Disney Rollercoaster cd rom game? (Like roller coaster tycoon) if so, what's it like?
    What should I bring when I go to Florida? I'm sure I'll forget something...

Thanks in advance for all your help. You can email me at disneybound2005@msn.com or LaBretonne2002@msn.com in case I miss the posting!

Thanks in advance for all your help!

disneygramma is offline B-Ticket Holder
    LaBretonne2002 we were in WDW in March and that was the first timethat we used Pal Mickey. We have three granddaughters and they just fell in love with the little guy! they took turns carrying him. Mickey tells jokes,and as you pass by certian attractions, he tells you about it. Mickey tells also when the parades are about to start and many other helpful things. the only problem we had was that he didn't talk too loud and so he had to be held close to the ear to hear. However, the twins share everything and so this was not a major problem. we didn't bring him home this trip as there was not enough room but on our next trip we intend to make room!!

As for the resturants, there are so many to choose from. check out allearenet.com. the reviews and menus there should help alot. we use this one alot. As for Charactor meals, our favorites were the Crystal Palace with Pooh and the gang at the Magic Kingdom for breakfast and Chef Mickey's at the Contempory for Dinner. Excellent atmosphere and food!! alot of attention from the charactors!!!!!
    the Birnbaum Kids by Kids is a favorite of our "little princess" who just turned 12 this month. she got alot out of it and told us things as we came upon them. ie, hidden mickeys and resturants etc.
    when we first arrive and it is too late to go to the parks and waste a full days pass, we usually get on a bus and go to the TTC and then get on the monorail and ride. it gets the magic really going!!! gives you a hint of what is to come. take a bus and go to another hotel and check it out. I don't know if this helps you or not but these are some of the things we thought might help you.

Have a magical time!! We are very envious!!!!!!

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    First let me say welcome DWT and that it is good to see a fellow Canadian aboard. (I live an hour away from Toronto)
    Disney Dollars would be a good idea for your son for Christmas, but buy them from an American Disney Store since they are basically the same as having American money.(I do not know if they are available online)

Disney for Kids by Kids book - I looked at it for my 8 year old daughter and I wasn't totally impressed with it but that is a matter of opinion.

Cirque de Soleil - I haven't seen the Disney show but I have seen other Cirque shows and it is AMAZING

Pal Mickey - I believe you can rent him for $5/day or buy him outright for $50.He tells jokes, and lets you know when shows and parades start when you are at certain parts of the park. I am going to give him a try for a couple of days and see how it goes.

Chef Mickey's for Character dining for sure. We like the breakfast but they also do a dinner also.

The day you arrive is a good day to look around the resort or pop over to Marketplace and stroll around all the shops.

The 2005 Birnbaums Guide should be out in January I think.

and finally; looking for hidden Mickeys :mickey: is never a waste of time. In fact once you start you can't stop!!

Hope I was some help.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

Hagar55 is offline A-Ticket holder
    You get the award for most complex question I have ever read on this site.

Most of your questions are answered throughout the forums here. Definitely check out www.allearsnet.com for all your dining questions.

I know the new 2005 Birnbaum book comes out in October because we are going in November and most book stores were out of the 2004 one and told me to wait because the new one will be out soon. After reading the 2004 book, you will find more useful info on this site and on www.mouseplanet.com and www.allearsnet.com

You can expect very large crowds there for Easter. Be prepared to wait on long lines.

looking for help...

How can I get a timer to put on the bottom of my messages?

Also, we're going the week before easter. March 10th - 20th.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Here you go: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ight=countdown

(I'm working on getting the smilies to properly integrate into the Countdown clock)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder
    my friend has particiated in the Dive Quest the past two times we have been down to WDW and loved every minute of it. Of course you have to be a certified scuba diver to attend.

As for looking for Hidden Mickeys? I loved searching for the little guy! I took my Hidden Mickey book with me last time, and every night I would read up on some that I wanted to find the next day. Up my upcoming trip I have a mission to get photos of as many "Mickey's" as I can find.
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    my friend has particiated in the Dive Quest the past two times we have been down to WDW and loved every minute of it. Of course you have to be a certified scuba diver to attend.
    I just read somewhere, that Living Seas now offers a snorkel dive for non-certified people, I think it was in the fall issue of the Disney Magazine
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Hagar55 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy
    I just read somewhere, that Living Seas now offers a snorkel dive for non-certified people, I think it was in the fall issue of the Disney Magazine

Do you know how much is costs? Did you see it in the latest issue of the Disney Magazine? I didn't get mine yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar55
    Do you know how much is costs? Did you see it in the latest issue of the Disney Magazine? I didn't get mine yet.

I believe it was in the latest issue, I do not recall seeing a price.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagar55
    Check this out: http://disney.go.com/disneymagazine/
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

If you find out how much it is, please let me know... Are you sure it's not snorkeling at Shark Reef at Epcot?

I found out where I saw this tour. I saw it on Mary Waring's MOusesaver site. It is at Epcot and you use scuba-assisted snorkeling gear. Get more info at (407) 939-TOUR (8687)
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

site

I saw it on Mary Waring's MOusesaver site. It is at Epcot and you use scuba-assisted snorkeling gear.
    Anyone have more information about this? Anyone know that website? I did a search and couldn'lt find the site.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBretonne2002
    If you find out how much it is, please let me know... Are you sure it's not snorkeling at Shark Reef at Epcot?
    Shark Reef is at Typhoon Lagoon, not Epcot.

I think the tour you're looking for is called Epcot Seas Aqua Tour. There is a review of it on AllEarsNet.com:

http://allearsnet.com/btp/tour_aqua.htm

The cost at the time of the review was about $100. There recently were discounts on select tours if you use the Disney Visa card.

Mousesavers is at www.mousesavers.com. A great site for finding info on discounts.
    Last edited by disneydame2004; 08-17-2004 at 09:29 PM. Reason: forgot something
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast