Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss Anyone have extensive knowledge of Disney books? in the Ask The Experts forums; When I was very little (around 2-3 yrs 1983-84) my mother had this this very, very big and heavy book (I remember having to have my dad transport it for ...
    xbeccahx is offline B-Ticket Holder

Anyone have extensive knowledge of Disney books?

When I was very little (around 2-3 yrs 1983-84) my mother had this this very, very big and heavy book (I remember having to have my dad transport it for me as it probably weighed more than I did) with Mickey Mouse on the front. I want to say it was "embossed" but it really was like a kind of thick cardboard cutout of him. It had stories about building WDW and tons of pictures of the park and many rides. I used to leaf through that book all the time and dream and dream of the day I'd get to fly across the country out of the bitterly cold Upper Michigan and into the land of sunshine and magic.
    Anyways, I've been asking my mom about that book and she keeps saying it's in the attic or in storage and she'll get to it, but I'm getting tired of waiting and I've been looking for it all over ebay and Amazon and I've looked through this site a little about it. Unfortunately I don't know what it was titled, only that it was a heavy, white book with Mickey Mouse on the front and most likely dates from the mid 70's.
    I'm sure someone knows what I'm talking about because I remember seeing one of my friends had the same book and also I believe my Grandma had a copy also, so it probably was not a rare book.
    If anyone can help me I would be so very grateful! Thankyou!
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic. - Sam the Eagle

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    (*bump*)

*in best Robert Stakk voice: For every mystery; someone, somewhere knows the truth.
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides