Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss How easy is it to upgrade tickets when you arrive? in the Ask The Experts forums; We recently booked a vacation through Expedia for a week at the contemporary resort in June/July. With the flight and resort, we also picked up 5 days worth of Park ...
    eletodd is offline A-Ticket holder

How easy is it to upgrade tickets when you arrive?

We recently booked a vacation through Expedia for a week at the contemporary resort in June/July. With the flight and resort, we also picked up 5 days worth of Park Hopper Tickets, but were unable to pick up the magic plus option for the waterparks and pleasure island, etc. as they didn't offer them. When we arrive and pick up our tickets (using the expedia.ca vouchers) can we upgrade easily to the Park hopper + tickets (with the additional options) If so, what is the cost and can it be done at the front desk of our resort?

Being a couple in our late 20s with a love for disney, we still want to be able to check out the other areas.

spiceycat is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think you need to go the parks - I know guest services can definitely upgrade you. Not sure about the regular ticket booths..

but I would definitely try at the resorts first - they can only say no...

sometimes Disney will make you pay the full price when you upgrade - othertimes they just make you pay the full price for the thing you are upgrading - it seems to depend upon which CM you get....

I can recommend the one at guest services in the Epcot park - she spend alot of time trying to get the computer to only charge us for the park hopping (what we were adding).

eletodd is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by spiceycat
    I can recommend the one at guest services in the Epcot park - she spend alot of time trying to get the computer to only charge us for the park hopping (what we were adding).
    Cool, thanks Spicey, I'll give 'em a shot if the resort is a pain

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Not sure about how Expedia does theirs...we booked thru DIsney itself and had no problem upgrading...try calling the wonderful, sticks in your head, 407-WDISNEY number and see what they say before you leave home. They should be able to at least point you in the right direction. You may have to call more then once (it really does depend on the CM-not all of them know everything-they are human) It cant hurt to try. Worse comes to worse you can always just buy they tickets for those things separate. Pleasure Island is free to walk around and shop...you have to have ticket for the clubs. Well it was that way last Sept anyway.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn