Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss EE question in the Ask The Experts forums; This is for the people who have ridden EE already: I personally can't wait to get onto EE, and I am trying to convince my mom to go on it ...
    wmxxmsg is offline C-Ticket Holder

EE question

This is for the people who have ridden EE already: I personally can't wait to get onto EE, and I am trying to convince my mom to go on it too in May. She doesn't like roller coasters that much so I showed her the videos from other people who have rode it. She doesn't think its going to be that bad but me and her can't tell what exactly happens when you go backwards in the dark. What happens when you go backwards?

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Without spoiling too much for you: There are no loops. There are a few big drops (which are very cool) . The coaster is actually a very smooth one, not jerky at all. I hope this helps a little. I'm sure that some of the peeps here have ridden it more than me & would have more to offer.

Have a great time, and uh... look out for the Yeti!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    It goes backwards in the dark and it kinda makes you feel like you are going upside down when you are riding it, but you do NOT go upside down. It goes through some tight turns and it does part of a drop. It is extremely smooth.

Just to give you a warning, I road it 8 times. I didn't feel sick until the 4th time I road it, but going backwards in the dark definitely messes with your head. At least in my opinion it does.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

wmxxmsg is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Thanks!!! I absolutly can't wait to get on that thing!

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    yeah there is one big hill that you go up back wards in the dark that makes you feel like you are upside down, like MayBWeRMnt2B says.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    you really should go on it. it's fun!
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I've ridden it 4 times, and I never recieved the sensation of going upside down. You do feel some interesting forces on your body, but I think most of it is actually a sensory illusion. You are going down a hill during most of the backwards part, but it's not steep or anything. It feels to me like you go through about one and a half turns to the left down a little bit of a hill. The track is banked so you feel some vertical "g"-forces, as well as some lateral pull on your body, but it's not an unbearable amount. I think this feeling paired with the very little you can see and the fact that you are going backwards makes for some really weird sensual illusions, such as the people before talking about how they felt as though they were going upside down. I myself experienced an illusion, but not one that had me thinking i was going upside down. Instead, I just felt that I was going much faster and turning much sharper than we probably were. But rides in the dark often give people the illusion of excess speed. That's the same reason why Space Mountain, even though it is quite a slow coaster, feels like you're doing 60!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...