Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss 1st trip to the WOrld! in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi everyone, my family is making its first trip to WDW june 10-16th and we are staying @ the Port Orleans Riverside resort and were wondering is it better to ...
    fancythemouse is offline C-Ticket Holder

Exclamation 1st trip to the WOrld!

Hi everyone, my family is making its first trip to WDW june 10-16th and we are staying @ the Port Orleans Riverside resort and were wondering is it better to have breakfest at the hotel or in the parks?? Any tips, for packing, parks, etc. please let me know I would be most greatful!
    Cristabel

DLR June 2004
    DLR Dec 2004
    WDW June 2006
    DLR Nov 2006
    DLR Jan 2007
    DLR April 2007 - 3 goofy generations' Disneyland Reunion!

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    You should probably eat at your hotel Make sure you do that early before the crowds. It's just that usually breakfast in the parks will take you an hour to get seated and an hour to eat.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

Make sure you go on Expedition Everest and the Safari in AK! those are really the only things worth going on unless you have little children.
    GO RED SOX!!!!

Also, It's gonna be hot so you might want to invest in some misting fans at WalMart, because they are like Nine dollars cheaper than at the world
    GO RED SOX!!!!

Also Make sure you ride Rock n Roller Coaster(MGM), the three mountains (MK),and watch Lion King show (AK), and Lights Motors Action (MGM).
    GO RED SOX!!!!

Also,
    If you like a particular type of cuisine, see if that country is in world showcase at Epcot
    GO RED SOX!!!!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Port Orleans is a beautiful resort. Take the boat to Downtown Disney - great ride! Go over to the French Quarter and get some beignets! YUMMY! The food court at PO is really good. Get the kids meal and save some $$$. If you are staying long and have to have a coffee or coke each morning, invest in a refill mug!

I prefer to eat at the resort and not waste my park time!!!
    Hope you have a great trip!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Breakfast at Boatwrights would be good, they are at PO Riverside and have great food!
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

Go to Raglan Road at Downtown Disney, I heard it supposed to be good.
    GO RED SOX!!!!

_Tinkerbell_ is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Hi

We tend to eat breakfast before hitting the parks for the day. Usually just a bowl of cereal or a piece of fruit. We grab this in the hotel before we leave and are at the parks for rope drop, that way we hit most of the major rides before the crowds. Since we eat early and light we have an early luch or dinner so again while most people are eating we can do other major attractions while most ppl are at dinner.

I agree with the others with what attractions to ride but missed out is TOT at MGM, thats a must. Fast Pass Tower of Terror and ride Rock n Roller Coaster (maybe even twice) and your fast pass for TOT will be ready.

If your there early enough, sometimes you can wait in the stand by line at TOT for 10 - 15 mins first then use your fast pass for a 2nd ride with no wait. It can be done but it will depend on the crowd that day.

You need to be there early and head straight to the these attractions first. Since its your first trip i can understand that when you walk in you wil be looking everywhere and want to take it all in but you can head back to the start once you have ridden thsese 2.

Have a great time ! !

Tink
    When you Wish Upon a Star.......

Off Site - 1993
    All Star Sports - 1996
    All Star Music - 1998
    Off Site -2000
    Off Site - 2003
    Next, Coronado Springs - July 2006

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Hey there,

Great question! If you would like to do one park breakfast, you can get a Priority Seating for an hour earlier than the park opens, that way, you can walk to the restaurant through the park with no one else there, & by the time you're finished, the park is just opening.
    Other than that, I would say grab a bite to eat at the resort caf. I also reccommend bringing pop tarts or cereal with you & eat in the room while getting ready or at the bus stop. There are fridges in the room so you can buy some milk or OJ as well.

As far as other tips:
    Be prepared to wait in lines for rides; I would definately invest in a spray bottle from Wal Mart; at the parks, if you ask for an ice water it's free. Nice cheap way to cool down.
    Plan your days but keep them flexible. You don't want to waste your day bouncing from one side of the park to the other. Make a good use of your fast passes.
    Oh yeah, have a great time!
    If you have any other specific questions, we're all here!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Quote Originally Posted by 4Mickey
    Hey there,

Great question! If you would like to do one park breakfast, you can get a Priority Seating for an hour earlier than the park opens, that way, you can walk to the restaurant through the park with no one else there, & by the time you're finished, the park is just opening.
    Other than that, I would say grab a bite to eat at the resort caf. I also reccommend bringing pop tarts or cereal with you & eat in the room while getting ready or at the bus stop. There are fridges in the room so you can buy some milk or OJ as well.

As far as other tips:
    Be prepared to wait in lines for rides; I would definately invest in a spray bottle from Wal Mart; at the parks, if you ask for an ice water it's free. Nice cheap way to cool down.
    Plan your days but keep them flexible. You don't want to waste your day bouncing from one side of the park to the other. Make a good use of your fast passes.
    Oh yeah, have a great time!
    If you have any other specific questions, we're all here!
    That's a REALLY good idea...hmm i have to see which days are early entry days for magic kingdom. oh and i am creating my family's itinerary to go in a certain order of lands and such hee hee
    Cristabel

DLR June 2004
    DLR Dec 2004
    WDW June 2006
    DLR Nov 2006
    DLR Jan 2007

Yeah, the itinerary is great, just don't time everything really close, because if someone wants do to something not on there or do something more than once, it won't quite work out.
    GO RED SOX!!!!

oh yeah and if u have priority seating, make sure you allow enough time for the disney transportation, which isn't always 'magically' fast.
    GO RED SOX!!!!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by skiyalater
    Yeah, the itinerary is great, just don't time everything really close, because if someone wants do to something not on there or do something more than once, it won't quite work out.
    yeah i am just making a RD and then my family is going to overlook it and we will edit to add other things in. I am really excited for this trip not just for myself but for my 6 year old sister.
    Cristabel

DLR June 2004
    DLR Dec 2004
    WDW June 2006
    DLR Nov 2006
    DLR Jan 2007