Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Ask The Disney Experts Discuss First Visit...daughters birthday in the Ask The Experts forums; Hi...this is my families first visit to WDW and it is for my daughters 5 th birthday. I have heard from a few people that there are "special" things that ...
    Chelserbel is offline A-Ticket holder

First Visit...daughters birthday

Hi...this is my families first visit to WDW and it is for my daughters 5 th birthday. I have heard from a few people that there are "special" things that the characters can, or should I say will, do for her. Are there any suggestions that you can give me on how to make her day extra special?

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    If you are staying on property make sure the fact that it is her birthday is noted on your resevation. Also stop by City Hall on Mainstreet in the MK and get her a birthday button.
    Maggie

We spent our Son's 5th birthday at the World last June and it was our best trip ever!!!!!! We had special tshirts made for our family for his big day. All of our's said "Celebrating Parker's 5th Birthday with Mickey" and his said "It's my 5th birthday!!!". So many cool things happened for us with these! He received some free drinks and snacks as well as some back to back rides. A couple of times the CM handed our FP's back to us so we could go right back on the ride again.

Maggie is right about adding the information to your hotel reservation and getting the birthday button. Also be sure to tell them when making your ADR's for your meals. And then remind them again at check in at your hotel and at the podiums for your meal.

They went above and beyond when they put the special gift and balloons in our room!!! It was the most magical birthday a kid could ever ask for!!!

I do have an album in my photo gallery from Parker's birthday trip if you would like to see the shirts. Also, please feel free to PM me if you have any other questions!!!

Well...as with any girl...she beleives in her heart that she is a princess. So on her birthday she will be having breakfast with all the princesses at Akershus, a teaparty with Alice, and Dinner at Cinderellas Royal Castle. Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Chelserbel
    Well...as with any girl...she beleives in her heart that she is a princess. So on her birthday she will be having breakfast with all the princesses at Akershus, a teaparty with Alice, and Dinner at Cinderellas Royal Castle. Any other suggestions?
    What a perfect planned day! Not sure when you are going, but they are going to be opening a Princess Botique at World of Disney in DTD where the little girl can have their hair and makeup done and play dress up. And of course you can purchase a Princess dress for them of their choice!!!! Not sure how you would fit that in on the same day with the rest of your schedule, but I'm sure it would be something she would enjoy!!!

We are going the 4-11 in April. Her birthday is on the 5 th. Do you know if it will be open at this time. Thanks again for the info.
    Last edited by Chelserbel; 03-11-2006 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelserbel
    We are going the 4-11 in April. Her birthday is on the 5 th. Do you know if it will be open at this time. Thanks again for the info.

Just in time! The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique will be opening for business on April 5th. It does say that you should call for reservations if you are interested. The number listed was 407-WDW-STYLE.

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    The little girl I used to Nanny went to WDW for her 5th b-day. On her special day, her mom gave her her first gift which was a cinderella dress. She wore it all day & everyone called her princess. I'm pretty sure she wore the b-day pin too! It seems like I remember seeing it in the pictures
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

That is great...I am so glad it will be open..I'll have to call about that. And about the dress she has already made me buy her a gown to wear to dinner....its a sky blue long dress with spaghetti straps and crystals all over it....cant wait to post pics of our day